laststand

AH member
Reaction score
Hunting reports
Africa
Member of
SCI, NRA Life endow.
Hunted
Russia, Kyrgyzstan, Argentina, Australia, New Zealand, Zambia, Mozambique x2, Botswana, South Africa, Zimbabwe, Cameroonx2, Tanzania x2,
I could use some help on hotel for convention. I live in Va. coming to Atlanta on I 85. I want a hotel on north side within walking distance to MARTA. Any suggestions?

Go to the DSC website (biggame.org) and follow convention links to hotels. They will have buses running from all official hotels.

+1 on utilizing the DSC convention recommended hotels. That's what I did. There will be shuttle buses from these hotels to the convention. I would not take MARTA under any circumstances. Been there and done that.

What about campgrounds that can accommodate a full size Motorhome? We would likely tow a Jeep with to drive around but still be nice to get within 45 minutes to an hour of the Convention.

In Nashville we stayed at the KOA and it was very nice, safe and not too bad of a commute.

Looks like Stone Mountain has quite a few large sites for RVs. I suspect that time of year they will not be very booked up. I just did google maps, mid-day on Friday and the drive is about 40 minutes to the convention center. I simulated a booking from 1/8 - 1/12 and see rates from $60 - $120 with full hookups. Ann and I may have to consider that although we've never stayed in our Airstream during cold weather.

Looks like Stone Mountain has quite a few large sites for RVs. I suspect that time of year they will not be very booked up. I just did google maps, mid-day on Friday and the drive is about 40 minutes to the convention center. I simulated a booking from 1/8 - 1/12 and see rates from $60 - $120 with full hookups. Ann and I may have to consider that although we've never stayed in our Airstream during cold weather.

Stone Mountain is a cool place.

I'm curious, obviously I'm not in the know, but why is the DSC in Atlanta this year when SCI and Texas Trophy Hunters have teamed up to book the Kay Bailey Center the same week DSC is in Atlanta.
I'd call that a "coup" on the part of SCI, sneaking into Dallas and roosting in the living room of DSC.

What about campgrounds that can accommodate a full size Motorhome? We would likely tow a Jeep with to drive around but still be nice to get within 45 minutes to an hour of the Convention.

In Nashville we stayed at the KOA and it was very nice, safe and not too bad of a commute.
A 45 minute drive from the convention could only be 10 miles lol Atlanta traffic can be an absolute nightmare.

Let me do some checking. Is primitive an option for you?

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Dsmith129

Latest profile posts

EC HUNTING SAFARIS wrote on MarcoPani's profile.
Happy Birthday, from Grahamstown, South Africa.
I hope your day is great!
Cheers
Marius
EC HUNTING SAFARIS wrote on Ilkay Taskin's profile.
Happy Birthday from Grahamstown, South Africa! I hope you have a great day!
Cheers, Marius
idjeffp wrote on Jon R15's profile.
Hi Jon,
I saw your post for the .500 NE cases. Are these all brass or are they nickel plated? Hard for me to tell... sorry.
Thanks,
Jeff [redacted]
Boise, ID
[redacted]