DSC 2025 in Atlanta....are you going?

Are you planning to attend the DSC convention in Atlanta in 2025?

• Yes

Votes: 42 32.3%
  • No

Votes: 57 43.8%
  • Maybe

Votes: 31 23.8%

• Total voters
There does seem to be considerable turmoil within DSC of late. I hate to see it. It was a great organization and I am a life member of both DSC and SCI but it looks like with the move to Atlanta, the loss of the Weatherby Award affiliation to SCI and now their CEO leaving of his own volition or otherwise they seem to be in a bit of a tailspin. Never understood the move to Atlanta, I get the convention center issues but with SCI in Nashville I think they have the southeast covered, not to mention logistics problems for their volunteers. Oh well... now with SCI's move to San Antonio and the TTHA grabbing DSC's spot in Dallas it will be interesting to see how this plays out...

Complete cluster starting with total arrogance with a side of abysmal communication. I was SHOCKED there was no change in leadership up until that email.
I am clearly biased but I took the whole thing as "Don't care if you like it or not but keep giving us your money and support."
There needs to be a total revamp or DSC dies and SCI gets all the dollars.

Yes....as many of us have said, it was HOW they did it that sucked. Stunning that they would make a huge decision like that and only inform the membership afterwards. Kind of like what happened with their "name change" to DSC. They have no idea what their membership is looking for. To this day, there has been no survey to ask membership about any of this. It's a cluster for sure.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
WaldoRathe

Latest profile posts

TAG SAFARI wrote on mvalden's profile.
Wishing you a Happy Birthday!
TAG SAFARI wrote on K31's profile.
TAG SAFARI wrote on davidg8480's profile.
TAG SAFARI wrote on Daven22s's profile.
TAG SAFARI wrote on bobdahunter84's profile.