DSC 2022 pictures

Had a great time at DSC. We met so many people and met up with old friends. I booked my dream hunt to Tanzania! Wow.

D4ABAD00-73C4-4AD8-B61A-FF45E6C6BFC3.jpeg
130D9BAE-ECDA-4A3E-8FDB-40EDAF3679EB.jpeg

Last edited by a moderator:
I found out the pricing and shared with many, it's shocking. It did look amazing and many guys who have real ones said it's spot on. Now to the bad news....

$9800 shoulder
$22 000 full body
It’s completely hand made and takes a tremendous amount of time to create. No surprise on the price.

Is "Thomas" a replica in that lion replica photo?

How was the turnout to the convention?
I think it was down a bit. They are trying to spin it as being so good but Saturday you normally can’t walk down the aisles and it was not crowded. It was a good show and outfitters reported good business overall.

With which outfitter?
Michel Mantheakis Safaris. He is the only one I’ve seen offering a 10day Massailand safari that includes Roberts gazelle. It is very reasonable from what I have seen over the years of pricing this hunt. He has the best reputation and I am beyond excited to go!
Philip

Haha. Yes. I look nothing like that in real life....

Turn out was not bad. Definitely not as high as pre-covid, but Saturday especially was still very busy.

I heard a rumor that my favorite outfitters Dalton and York sold out their entire 2022 and 2023 quota!
For Buffalo. I may have had something to do with that!
PG

It’s completely hand made and takes a tremendous amount of time to create. No surprise on the price.
Agreed Philip! Amazing work by Kanati. No surprise that the replica lion is more than the replica elephant (also excellent). The level if detail and customization they can do is amazing.

Strongly considering one to memorialize me lion.

Michel Mantheakis Safaris. He is the only one I’ve seen offering a 10day Massailand safari that includes Roberts gazelle. It is very reasonable from what I have seen over the years of pricing this hunt. He has the best reputation and I am beyond excited to go!
Philip

From all that I have looked at, it appears, that he does have best area to offer and everything looks first rate too. Great choice, will need full report upon your return.

Haha. Yes. I look nothing like that in real life....

Turn out was not bad. Definitely not as high as pre-covid, but Saturday especially was still very busy.

I heard a rumor that my favorite outfitters Dalton and York sold out their entire 2022 and 2023 quota!
I would say turn out was 2/3's to 2/4's a typical year. However, and it is a big however, there was a lot of buying going on this year compared to the usual tire kicking.

PhillipGlass, you will be pleased with Michaeli and his Tanzania concessions. Ten days is a little short for a Tanzania safari in my opinion. Kindest regards

Very impressed with the amount of Africa outfitters that still managed to "make a plan" and get to the USA on short notice. Obviously many could not. Attendance was a bit off, but judging from the auction prices, the people there were spending money. The outfitters I spent time with were positive about the show. Anyone have firm comments about Vegas cancelling SCI? those rumours were circulating the dsc crowd while I was there.

IMG_0576.JPG
IMG_0579.JPG
IMG_0581.JPG
IMG_0582.JPG
IMG_0584.JPG
IMG_0644.JPG
IMG_0648.JPG
IMG_0649.JPG
IMG_0652.JPG
IMG_0654.JPG
IMG_0655.JPG
IMG_0656.JPG
IMG_0657.JPG
IMG_0659.JPG
IMG_0660.JPG
IMG_0661.JPG
IMG_0662.JPG

WOW!!!!! That kudu is a beast!!!

Great pictures! But that red stag was just plumb weird, I’m gotta make plans to go one year.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Jolandon24

Latest profile posts

EC HUNTING SAFARIS wrote on MarcoPani's profile.
Happy Birthday, from Grahamstown, South Africa.
I hope your day is great!
Cheers
Marius
EC HUNTING SAFARIS wrote on Ilkay Taskin's profile.
Happy Birthday from Grahamstown, South Africa! I hope you have a great day!
Cheers, Marius
idjeffp wrote on Jon R15's profile.
Hi Jon,
I saw your post for the .500 NE cases. Are these all brass or are they nickel plated? Hard for me to tell... sorry.
Thanks,
Jeff [redacted]
Boise, ID
[redacted]