Drunk Cursor

JimP

AH ambassador
Joined
Dec 14, 2014
Messages
5,996
Reaction score
14,804
Location
Gypsum, Co
Media
65
Hunting reports
Africa
2
USA/Canada
3
Member of
NRA, RMEF
Hunted
US (Utah, Arizona, Idaho, Colorado, Nevada, Wyoming. Canada (British Colombia), South Africa (Eastern Cape)
Things are getting interesting on the forum here. While typing a reply my cursor is taking on a life of it's own. It is jumping all over the place and moving to the far left.

It is only happening on this forum. If you ever saw the old joke called the "drunk mouse" it appears that is what it is doing.

Just while typing this my cursor has been all over the page.
 
Ignore me, found the problem on my end
 
Oh, thank goodness it's not a loud drunk!
 
Operator error?

My laptop is starting to have a mind of its own.

For years I have had the touch pad disabled and overnight somehow it activated itself. So now when I am typing a response and the heal of my hand rest on the touch pad the cursor moves all over the place. But it seamed that one time when I was using the Bluetooth attached mouse that it was still jumping all over.

It may be time for a new laptop.
 
Things are getting interesting on the forum here. While typing a reply my cursor is taking on a life of it's own. It is jumping all over the place and moving to the far left.

My wife read this to me this morning (I'm left handed). Not sure if this applies to a cursor as well.

Ecclesiastes 10:2 (NIV) – “The heart of the wise inclines to the right, but the heart of the fool to the left.”
 
Maybe not the cursor that's had a few too many? :giggle:
 
Maybe not the cursor that's had a few too many? :giggle:
I wish.

I poured out my stash of whisky a few years ago, I even cried as some of it went down the drain.

Now I will have one or two beers a month.

For some reason alcohol doesn't appeal to me now that I am in my 70's as it did back when I was in my 20's.

As for the mouse/cursor, I traced it back to a corrupt driver on my laptop. Removed it and reinstalled one and all is back in business. I forgot how much I hate dealing with technical problems.
 
My wife read this to me this morning (I'm left handed). Not sure if this applies to a cursor as well.

Ecclesiastes 10:2 (NIV) – “The heart of the wise inclines to the right, but the heart of the fool to the left.”
That might fit in the politics thread as well. :unsure::giggle:
 
I wish.

I poured out my stash of whisky a few years ago, I even cried as some of it went down the drain.

Now I will have one or two beers a month.

For some reason alcohol doesn't appeal to me now that I am in my 70's as it did back when I was in my 20's.

As for the mouse/cursor, I traced it back to a corrupt driver on my laptop. Removed it and reinstalled one and all is back in business. I forgot how much I hate dealing with technical problems.
It's OK as long as you don't lean lefty.
 
It's OK as long as you don't lean lefty.

I just got done sending my state Senator a poison email about three appointees that the Governor of Colorado is trying to get onto the Wildlife Commission. My liberal Senator defiantly isn't going to think that I lean to the left.
 

Forum statistics

Threads
70,313
Messages
1,572,559
Members
169,586
Latest member
MichaelaTo
 

 

 

Latest profile posts

K_P wrote on Buckleyguy12's profile.
Good morning from Montana.

I'm looking at a post from 2018 where you were looking for a lefty Winchester in .375 H&H Magnum. I'm selling mine. My email is kdp59935@gmail.com in the event that you're still searching for a unicorn.

Best,

Kelly Palmer
Gents, if you book and pay your deposit before the end of this year , you can have the bigger cull package for the 2026 price! https://www.africahunting.com/threa...griffiths-safaris-starting-at-us-2-560.96285/
I am currently in Northern Cape scouting a hunting area, we will have lots of amazing hunting opportunities for 2027! I will post updated available dates soon!
Azklmsr wrote on MANKAZANA SAFARIS's profile.
Good Evening. I am very interested in you hunt for the spiral slam. March in 2028 would be fine for me

Couple of quick questions:

1) Can we add some additional species on
2) what do you want for a deposit?
3) how do you want me to sign up

I'm on whats app or email

Kurt [redacted]

have a great evening
MHYOUNG 375 wrote on Marley7x57's profile.
If you really are interested I 'll send some pix. I have quiet a few.
 
Top