IMG_9832.jpeg
IMG_9833.jpeg
IMG_9834.jpeg
IMG_9836.jpeg
IMG_9838.jpeg
IMG_9839.jpeg
IMG_9840.jpeg
Hello all!
I am new to this forum but have watched for a pretty long time. I have been to Africa once and I am hooked. I will be going back soon. Ive started down a rabbit hole I am afraid, I may never recover, haha. Honestly it has changed my life and for the better in my opinion. With all that being said, I recently purchased a Drilling gun at auction. I don’t really know anything about it and neither did they. I was hoping that someone here might now more about it such as make and model or be able to guide me to the right group that might. I will share the information I have on it and some pictures. Hopefully this is the right place for me to post this. If not I apologize and can delete my post and move it where it needs to go. Thanks again for the help if anyone can.

Here is the description from the auction:
IMG_9841.jpeg
IMG_9842.jpeg

Manufactured in 1935, per stamp on the water table. Features 26-7/8" blued Krupp Steel barrels with solid matte rib. Beaded front blade sight, rear flip-up notch sight and claw-style scope mount with an empty dovetail area between mount points. Each side of the barrel is stamped with an eight point star logo and standard proof marks. Dual gold wire bands on both barrels near the breech. Full coverage scroll and game scene engraving on the receiver and side plates. Sidelock action. Left side features three flushing rabbits. Right side features a male and female elk. Greener style side safety, cocking indicators, tang mounted rear sight actuator and barrel selector, and a tang mounted flip up peep sight. Hand checkered splinter forearm with Deeley release and stock. Right side cheek piece on the stock. Dual triggers, front being a set for rifle. Horn trigger guard and grip cap, engraved cartridge trap, and a brown Pachmayr recoil pad. LOP: 14". DAC: 1-5/8". DAH: 2-1/2". CONDITION: Barrels retain 85% of fading blue with evidence of light spotting and dings under the blue. Some handling marks and moderate loss of the gold in the inlaid bands. Set trigger is out of adjustment. The receiver has a dark gray/brown patina overall with well defined engraving. Stock and forend show small dings and dents with small gaps around the front corner of the side plates. Frosty bores. Checkering has likely been refreshed. Slightly loose on face. CALIBER: 16 Gauge & 9.3x72r. S/N: 5161

Attachments

• IMG_9837.jpeg
    IMG_9837.jpeg
    1.1 MB · Views: 6
Well welcome to AH :S Welcome: That is quite the rifle!!

I am sure there will some folks by here soon that know WAY more about it than I do...

Under barrel lumps are the stampings of when made and cartridge . Names of maker or importer is on top of the barrels , if nothing else noted .

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
OOPCornell

Latest profile posts

1000009202.jpg
1000009102.jpg
1000008936.jpg
1000008850.jpg
1000008747.jpg
It's been a great Safari here in Zambia with Mbizi Safaris so far!! Heading out to the Kafue Flats tomorrow for Lechwe