Dreams can come true

You must try for the four ibex species to your West!

Ug. Still got my fingers crossed for you buddy.
It's happening now. Just took entirely too long to get here. I expect those orders today or tomorrow

Awesome. Hope you have a great time!

Spanish ibex for sure

Carpathian chamois and fallow deer and red stag in Romania

I looked on the military website this afternoon, like I have been thrice daily, expecting to still find no changes. After getting the VPN connection, hitting the favorite site button and logging in, I had to choose which system to look at. The one that had an issue with my policy exception memo where my stuff showed 100% as requested. Hot shit! There are those long-coveted military orders.

This dream is finally coming true. Holy freaking cow! While I cannot give any specifics due to security concerns, I finally have the orders I've awaited the last four flipping months!

(y)(y)(y)

In typical Army fashion, I wasn't told how much baggage I can take on a flight. As this is my first PCS, I'm pretty naive about it. Yesterday I mailed two boxes of stuff, to include my bicycle. This morning I was told I can bring 5 bags plus carry on.
While super frustrating, I now get to add two boxes of the household goods they won't ship.

At least the time is getting near!!

I hope you enjoy pasta!! Coz you're gonna eat tons of it!! Enjoy your tour - and start planning for that hunt. (y)

Be careful riding your bike around Italy! Crazy traffic and drivers there!
The wines are wonderful but they don’t travel well because they don’t add nitrates to preserve them. Also some great food!
Of course the usual places, Pisa, Florenza, Vatican, Roman Forum, nasty Naples, Pompei, Capri and on and on! You’ll have plenty to do in the off season!
Enjoy!

Congrats ArmyGrunt! I was station in Sicily back in the late 80s and loved it. I didn't get a chance to hunt with a rifle while I was there, but hunted plenty of times underwater ig the Med with my spear gun. :) If you can't do one kind of hunting, adapt and overcome and hunt what you can. :)

Get yourself an English/Italian dictionary, and try to learn the language. You'll get a lot more done and more cooperation from the locals when you try to speak their language than if you do not. I ate like if the world was going to end, and didn't gain a single pound while I was there. The Sicilians are different than the mainland Italians, and there is some dislike between them. LOL!!!!! Do not eat where the base goes to eat, go and eat where the locals eat. Trust me the food and the prices are different.

Good luck to you. Enjoy what the country has to offer, travel often, and have a great time. I sure as heck did.

Safe travels! (y)(y)

Step one under way. Awaiting takeoff to the mobilization site. Got that delta delay, though skies are clearing and the suncame back out

Anyone recognize this mountainside? With the clouds rushing by, I had to snag these pics. The day before a massive windy, sandy storm came in. Plunged our 73°F down thirty points!
20190312_100922.jpeg
20190312_100931.jpeg

Guess who finally got to cross the pond?!? Flight tracker, Austrian Alps, Venice and Vicenza city center map. In the first two days I logged over 20 miles on foot, and at least a hundred photos.

I'm amazed at how fast the restaurants have brought out food. I'm thoroughly fascinated how the cross walk actually stops cars for people walking. Recycle or get a big fine. Some things I wish the States would adopt...

When walking to the furthest north post where my mailbox is I could see the Dolomites in the distance. I started drooling a little, and more so when I found my bike had made the trip over already! I met a few riders and will be getting the first group ride in on Sunday. Let the pain begin!

Time to start working on when I can get to the Stelvio Pass! It's going to be brutal...
20190316_015551.jpeg
20190316_105409.jpeg
20190316_111916.jpeg
20190318_132346.jpeg

Outstanding news Platoon Sergeant! Some fine soldiers and one of the finest units in the US Army there with you. The 173d Airborne Brigade Combat Team has been worked pretty hard over the last several years as the rest of our European presence has been drawn down. Fine troopers one and all. I don't believe that you mentioned anything about jump status, so I assume your assignment is with one of the other commands in the vicinity? Lovely part of Europe. Do indeed spend your down time exploring and not just sitting in the cafeteria or shopping the PX like way too many folks do over there. And the pasta is fabulous.

No line unit for this guy. I'll be doing something a little more hush hush

No line unit for this guy. I'll be doing something a little more hush hush

Holy crap. This job is going to be one of the best in my entire life. Obviously I can't say what I'm doing, but every other weekend is a 3 day break. I just now an returning from an Outdoor Rec hosted trip skiing the Matterhorn! First time even touching skis, but I almost figured it out....Ski season trips are done and diving/summer stuff is coming up.
What an amazing gift the Army finally gave me!!

And I'll be thinking about what to do for the European hunt after I get my name on the scheduling. I may not even have to burn leave to get it done.
20190330_160401.jpeg
20190330_084534.jpeg
Screenshot_20190330-151108_Maps.jpeg

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ArmandoQue

Latest profile posts

Ryanelson wrote on Flipper Dude's profile.
I wanted to know if you minded answering a dew questions on 45-70 in africa
Ryanelson wrote on Sturgeondrjb's profile.
I wanted to know if you minded answering a dew questions on 45-70 in africa
HerbJohnson wrote on Triathlete3's profile.
If you have an email, I would love to be able to chat with you about J.P.H. Prohunt. My email address is [redacted]. Thanks.
Another Wildebees cull shot this morning!
We are doing a cull hunt this week!