Dove Hunting in the US

There’s a marinade that’s a combination of teriyaki, pineapple and sake that delicious on most any gamebird. Duck breasts, sliced and made into kabobs, wrapped in bacon and marinaded. Yum.

My wife volunteered to clean my dove years ago so I went fishing. I came back from fishing and we had 15 perfectly picked dove in the fridge. I told I normally just pulled the breast out but she said that was a waste. I went out to clean my flounder so when I got back in she was frying the doves whole. Fried to a medium with crisp skin. They were fantastic but I normally grill them and only fry them occasionally.

Always looking forward to our official opening day of hunting season.
Start the night before prepping shotguns, boat and 3 different gear bags. 1 for the 28 ga and 12 ga for dove and another 12 ga for goose.

We start opening morning on the water or in one my hunting buddies' backyards for geese then head out to a dove field for afternoon dove hunt. Followed by alternating days spent as dove or goose days.

My wife volunteered to clean my dove years ago so I went fishing. I came back from fishing and we had 15 perfectly picked dove in the fridge. I told I normally just pulled the breast out but she said that was a waste. I went out to clean my flounder so when I got back in she was frying the doves whole. Fried to a medium with crisp skin. They were fantastic but I normally grill them and only fry them occasionally.

Gotta love a wife like that.

How many 20 gauge shells does it take you to kill your limit ?
Not sure who you’re asking but I’ve shot 15 for 16 but average about 20 shots per limit. I use a Savage 20 gauge O/U with modified and improved modified chokes . My main advantage is I only take shots I know I can make and we almost always have plenty of birds.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
deo

Latest profile posts

gunslinger1971 wrote on Gray Fox's profile.
Do you still have the Browning 1895 and do you want to sell it? I'm might be interested. If so please let me know and do you have any pictures?

Steve in Missouri
[redacted]
Redfishga1 wrote on gearguywb's profile.
I would be interested in the ruger if the other guy is not.
Bartbux wrote on franzfmdavis's profile.
Btw…this was Kuche….had a great time.
Sorry to see your troubles on pricing.

Happy to call you and talk about experience…I’m also a Minnesota guy.