Double Tap 375 H&H

Fatback

AH elite
Reaction score
Media
Hunting reports
Africa
USA/Canada
Does anybody have any first had experience with Double Tap ammo loaded in 235 grain TSX for their 375 H&H? Pros? Cons? I’m thinking about getting some to try and was curious of others experiences with this ammo. Thanks

I did some load testing last weekend with my 375 h&h using barnes 235 Triple Shock. Accuracy was great, but I also shot a couple bullets into a ream of paper at 300 yards and they only open up to .4. Nosler partitions we’re opening up to greater than .6 at both 300 and 500 yards.

Does anybody have any first had experience with Double Tap ammo loaded in 235 grain TSX for their 375 H&H? Pros? Cons? I’m thinking about getting some to try and was curious of others experiences with this ammo. Thanks
They load pretty warm iirc. If you get some pull one and take measurements and pictures of the powder charge.

I did some load testing last weekend with my 375 h&h using barnes 235 Triple Shock. Accuracy was great, but I also shot a couple bullets into a ream of paper at 300 yards and they only open up to .4. Nosler partitions we’re opening up to greater than .6 at both 300 and 500 yards.

What were the weight of the NP's and velocity of each load? Differing factors at play possibly.

The NP were 300 grain loaded at about 2450 fps. They retained 240 grain at 300 and 220 at 500 yards. I know that looks backwards but at 500 it lost about all the lead. The 235 Barnes started at 3000. The Barnes opened up to .62 at 200 yards.

very low SD for .375. But, good for "double-tapping" a modified AR "platform." LOL Likely ok for deer, antelope (pronghorn), gazelle, pigs and reduced-recoil loads for people. Not really recommended for anything else. Far shots on those little things as the trajectory supports 500 yds at 3,000+ fps. Think of it as the varmint load for 375. ;) 270 gr is where the 375s get started...and 350 gr much better!

No experience with Double Tap rifle ammunition, however a fair amount with their handgun fodder. .38 Spec + P, 357 Mag, 10 mm Auto, 45 ACP 185 gr + P and 230 gr. std. pressure, all loaded to DT spec on the box velocity wise, and on the hotter side of caliber if you will.

Solid ES and accuracy in the 45 offerings specifically.

Matt

very low SD for .375. But, good for "double-tapping" a modified AR "platform." LOL Likely ok for deer, antelope (pronghorn), gazelle, pigs and reduced-recoil loads for people. Not really recommended for anything else. Far shots on those little things as the trajectory supports 500 yds at 3,000+ fps. Think of it as the varmint load for 375. ;) 270 gr is where the 375s get started...and 350 gr much better!
I didn't know people required a .375... especially not a double tap. Those Nemo arms rifles never figured out how to chamber the .375. it was too long. Best they ever did was .458 WM.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ShaniGofor

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Redfishga1 wrote on gearguywb's profile.
I would be interested in the ruger if the other guy is not.
Bartbux wrote on franzfmdavis's profile.
Btw…this was Kuche….had a great time.
Sorry to see your troubles on pricing.

Happy to call you and talk about experience…I’m also a Minnesota guy.
Ready for the next hunt