Double Rifle Slip Recommendations?

MRBlack

AH veteran
Reaction score
Media
Hunted
South Africa
Good evening all,

I finally have my Heym 88 500 Nitro home and it’s safe to say that I am in love. I got to thinking about getting a good rifle slip or soft case for it. Any recommendations?
Thanks!

Last edited:
Interested in hearing the recommendations too!

I really love Dick Murray’s line of products. They are very well made, offer great protection, and look great. I have several of his folding rifle cases as well as his quick slips. I also have one of his take down rifle cases. I use the take down case in a TuffPak to get over to Africa. Then the folding rifle case on the back of the truck once over there.
He also makes a great ammo belt and shell holders. Thinking about it, I own way more of his products than I would have at first thought.

Red Oxx

ro1.jpg
ro2.jpg
ro3.jpg

Good evening all,

I finally have my Heym 88 500 Nitro home and it’s safe to say that I am in love. I got to thinking about getting a good rifle slip or soft case for it. Any recommendations?
Thanks!
I had Dick Murray with Murray leather in Weatherford, Tx make me a slip out of my rhino skin. It is absolutely fantastic and a real treasure.
He can make you one out of any kind of leather whether yours or his.
Regards,
Philip

Good evening all,

Thanks!
MRBlack
As with most things it’s all about the budget and what you want. At the lower end the red-ox stuf is well made and durable. They used to actually make gun cases to go along with the soft slips, one goes inside the other. I have several and like that system that they had. I see from the other post that they will make you a sleeve, Do not know if they will make you a case though. Then you have the mid range at what I see as Mr Murray’s products (Super Gentleman to deal with) They are all very heavy duty and will last a lifetime with proper care. He will also do some customization is needed for a little extra cost. In my opinion Westley Richards makes the finest bespoke leather as well as canvas cases and slips bar none. they even make a very nice to case system for double rifles. But the rifle does have to be broken down. They will also make anything you can dream up as well. It is a true bespoke, in-house leather shop. I speak from experience as I have been to the factory in Birmingham. You will find none better, again just my opinion and I have many different pieces from them. The leather they use is just something special Indeed. They will all outlast me. In my opinion if you have a 15-20 thousand dollar double, what’s 10 percent of that cost or a little more to get the best, if that’s what you want. I also have some of the Tom Bekbe stuff. It’s alright but nothing special. Certainly not in the same class, in my opinion, as Mr Murray’s work.
I also suppose that if you can find a REAL saddle maker that he or she would be able to help you out as well. just an opinion.

JP

frankdes

Thanks for shot of the label on the case. looked it up, seems like they have some nice stuff. Thanks.

JP

Along time ago I made a Rifle/Shotgun slip out of sheepskin wool side facing inward. It had enough natural "body" to it I could put it in the cruiser gun rack and just slide my double in or out of it. It also had two rings for attaching a sling so that it could be caried over the shoulder. I had a client with a fine English double who fell in love with it and just had to buy it from me. I never got around to making another. Wish I had a picture.

Y ou re not far so you can come over to have a look
You are the owner of SafariSupplies.eu no? I believe I once called you already :)
I should indeed come by your store once.

(I would have sent this through PM directly to you, but it seems your profile is restricted?)

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
EtsukoDemo

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Longfeather1 wrote on Cmwkwarrwn's profile.
Hello Clark
Thanks for the interest in my rifle. If you want to discuss it further you can email me direct at [redacted] or call my cell number [redacted].
Look forward to talking with you.
Regards,
Jack Kramer
quacker attacker wrote on JMV375's profile.
Hello, My wife and I hunted with Marius 2 years ago. He fit us into his schedule after a different outfitter "bailed" on us. He was always very good with communications and although we didn't end up meeting him personally, he called us multiple times during our hunt to make sure things were going well. We were very happy with him.
TERMINATOR wrote on Cuthberto's profile.
Reach out to the guys at Epic Outdoors.

They will steer you right for landowner tags and outfitters that have them.

I have held a membership with them for years and they are an invaluable resource.

Way better that asking random people on the internet...WAY better

Raskolnikov743 wrote on skydiver386's profile.
Skydiver386,

Did you ever find your 30-06 CZ550? I own a fairly solid conditioned one, if you wanted to talk.

[redacted]