Don't drop the slide on an empty chamber

Interesting… I grew up with a father, as many of you surely have, that us boys that you don’t drop hammers unless you ask, don’t release empty slides on pistols, don’t slam shut cylinders on revolvers, and with our Winchester M-70s always hold the trigger down when closing the bolt on an empty chamber so the rifle is left un-cocked and unloaded for storage…
I don’t know, that’s what my father taught me, and sounds dang good to me, so that’s what I teach and asks others of now…

I’ve slammed by AR15 hundreds of times on an empty chamber with no issues. But, just like a Glock, it was designed as a combat weapon and not a BBQ gun.

????

1911’s have been issued to front line troops for more than 100 years - more than Glocks by a factor of 1,000x or more.

The USMC placed an order for 1911’s as recently as 2014.

Every time someone drops a slide on an empty 1911 chamber somewhere a kitten dies.......:ROFLMAO:. hahaha I know it's not good but that's hilarious
If you do that a cat dies. So where's the down side?

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
profnjuki

Latest profile posts

idjeffp wrote on Jon R15's profile.
Hi Jon,
I saw your post for the .500 NE cases. Are these all brass or are they nickel plated? Hard for me to tell... sorry.
Thanks,
Jeff [redacted]
Boise, ID
[redacted]
African Scenic Safaris is a Sustainable Tour Operator based in Moshi, Tanzania. Established in 2009 as a family business, the company is owned and operated entirely by locals who share the same passion for showing people the amazing country of Tanzania and providing a fantastic personalized service.
FDP wrote on dailordasailor's profile.
1200 for the 375 barrel and accessories?