Mark Biggerstaff

Gold supporter
AH legend
Reaction score
Media
Hunting reports
Africa
USA/Canada
Well, sitting around recouping from surgery, one starts looking at different on line sales and auctions.

Came across a near mint CZ550 American 300 win mag at a shop in Colorado.
After a phone call and some more pics it’s mine now. Guess the pain killers have going going crazy.
Can’t wait to get it in. FFlL has already sent info and they have provided tracking to the local shop.

Also went looking around for ammo. Swift had 300 win 180 Sciracco loaded ammo available. Ordered 5 boxes. Called Talley and got set 30mm rings on they way.
I have a Leupold VX5 3-15x44 already for it.

Nothing wrong with adding a few purchases while in recovery Mark, sound like you snagged a good setup. Hope the recovery is going well.

CZ arrived and got Leupold mounted up in Talley rings. Now to heal up so can go to range and see how shoots.
IMG_3313.jpg

IMG_3314.jpg

I hope your recovery is going well and seeing you are home already playing with your new toy, it looks like you are on the right track!

and that looks like decent setup! Btw is it me or is that scope very forward?

I hope your recovery is going well and seeing you are home already playing with your new toy, it looks like you are on the right track!

and that looks like decent setup! Btw is it me or is that scope very forward?

It is actually as far back as it will go.
But it has a lot of eye relief and fits me perfect standing up.
That model VX5 has a short front tube

I think the scope mounting looks great! What height Talleys are those?

Nice grab, Mark. I've really enjoyed my CZ in 300 win mag. She's a little heavy (Safari Magnum configuration), but shoots like a dream!

Congrats on the nice new add!!

Nice rifle. Hope your recover is swift and complete. Enjoy the new acquisition.

I too, like Brandon, have one of the 300 win mags in the Safari Magnum line and like his mine shoots great. Hope yours is a shooter too and it's sure a good-looking setup. Congrats!

Thanks to all for well wishes. I have recovered from surgery. Now just waiting on decent weather to shoot. Forecast for next weekend looks promising. Typical Texas weather. Cold and rainy this weekend, mid upper 70s next weekend.

Well? Have you shot it yet? How was it?

Congradulstions. Glad you have recovered well.
Happy shooting.
Kridh

Well? Have you shot it yet? How was it?

Yes I did about 10 days ago. Don’t have a pic of target but it really likes Swift factory 180 Scirocco. Shoots it under 1/2 inch groups all day. Didn’t like the Aframe load.
Have not had a chance to try any other ammo yet. I’m to busy in spare time getting ready for this years safari and the rifles that are going on it.

Yes I did about 10 days ago. Don’t have a pic of target but it really likes Swift factory 180 Scirocco. Shoots it under 1/2 inch groups all day. Didn’t like the Aframe load.
Have not had a chance to try any other ammo yet. I’m to busy in spare time getting ready for this years safari and the rifles that are going on it.
Well that is nothing to sneeze at. Good luck and have fun on your safari!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
AddieWhitt

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

TERMINATOR wrote on Cuthberto's profile.
Reach out to the guys at Epic Outdoors.

They will steer you right for landowner tags and outfitters that have them.

I have held a membership with them for years and they are an invaluable resource.

Way better that asking random people on the internet...WAY better

Raskolnikov743 wrote on skydiver386's profile.
Skydiver386,

Did you ever find your 30-06 CZ550? I own a fairly solid conditioned one, if you wanted to talk.

[redacted]
Ryanelson wrote on Flipper Dude's profile.
I wanted to know if you minded answering a dew questions on 45-70 in africa
Ryanelson wrote on Sturgeondrjb's profile.
I wanted to know if you minded answering a dew questions on 45-70 in africa