Dock workers strike

Moe324

AH enthusiast
Reaction score
Media
Hunting reports
Africa
Had I not added 2 mounts to my order I would probably have crates stuck in this mess. Anyone caught up with crates now stuck in the port or close to it? Makes me wonder if I want to do boat shipping when they are done. Would love to hear the pros and cons. I'm in Ohio and was thinking about getting them shipped to Baltimore or Newark.

I have a shipment due to arrive in NY 10/3. I’m waiting for an update and expecting bad news.

I have to wonder what 2nd- and 3rd-order effects there may be to air freight shipments if the longshoreman strikes go on for very long. Shipping is already expensive.

Well, they have gone back to work for 60 days while they try to sort this all out. Hopefully all of us with Trophies in transit will get ours delivered in the interim. No update on mine yet, but I am certainly feeling more hopeful.

I see they agreed to go back for 60 days for a 60% wage increase. The automation part is what will be trickier I think.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
LouCassell

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

EC HUNTING SAFARIS wrote on MarcoPani's profile.
Happy Birthday, from Grahamstown, South Africa.
I hope your day is great!
Cheers
Marius
EC HUNTING SAFARIS wrote on Ilkay Taskin's profile.
Happy Birthday from Grahamstown, South Africa! I hope you have a great day!
Cheers, Marius
idjeffp wrote on Jon R15's profile.
Hi Jon,
I saw your post for the .500 NE cases. Are these all brass or are they nickel plated? Hard for me to tell... sorry.
Thanks,
Jeff [redacted]
Boise, ID
[redacted]