Do German's just do it best?

Are we talking about rock crawling?
If so I definitely would give that to the jeeps set up for that.

Given that the original LC's were born from Willy's, they are not rock crawlers.

However I have been amazed by the places that a Hilux with the 3.0 diesels will go! I would put my Tacoma TRD Off Road up against any jeep in mud or sand, rock not so much.

Meanwhile, there's a German guy with an AMG engine hauling ass somewhere!
That is a Crawling Trail but with the Mid-Arm suspension, axles, transfer case, and long wheel base of my LJ it’s also a phenomenal Overland vehicle!
It’s slow, doesn’t get good gas mileage, is noisy lol
But it will go anywhere and do it well!

I think we may have, officially, gone "off the rails" at this point...

But, I will give my honest opinion of who makes the best "things":

Double Rifles - Britain (if you can afford one), German, if you can't.
Bolt Actions - America (maybe not "factory")
Single Shots - America (not really my "cup of tea")
Shotguns - Italy
Off-road vehicles - Japan (unless the French-made Grenadier proves me wrong (using German parts...)
Sports Cars - The American Chevrolet Corvette is, by far, the best for the money. For prestige, I'd take an Italian car...

Just, MHO...
Err..
1729067545613.png

Just saying, I'll take this British magazine rifle any day.

I think we may have, officially, gone "off the rails" at this point...

But, I will give my honest opinion of who makes the best "things":

Double Rifles - Britain (if you can afford one), German, if you can't.
Bolt Actions - America (maybe not "factory")
Single Shots - America (not really my "cup of tea")
Shotguns - Italy
Off-road vehicles - Japan (unless the French-made Grenadier proves me wrong (using German parts...)
Sports Cars - The American Chevrolet Corvette is, by far, the best for the money. For prestige, I'd take an Italian car...

Just, MHO...

I’m sorry @Safari Dave, but I’m not sure that list is even halfway correct!

The most prestigious, custom bolt-actions are Mauser 98 based. And the different British, German makers producing them, are on average likely of higher quality than the average US makers.

The arguably best modern off the shelf bolt action is currently probably a Blaser

Single shots, Austrians and Germans basically invented the kipplauf concept for hunting.

Sports cars, the corvette would not even make the top 10, with companies like Porsche, Ferrari, Aston Martin, Pagani, etc.

Off-road vehicles, non customized: what about Toyota Land Cruiser, Mercedes Unimog

I dont have the firearm experience of most on here but I love my Heym SR20 in 7x57 and would not be without it. In fact, its now my only rifle I own.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ShantaeNeu

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

akriet wrote on Tom Leoni's profile.
Hello Tom: I saw your post about having 11 Iphisi's for sale. I have been thinking about one. I am also located in Virginia. Do you have photos of the availables to share? My email is [redacted]

Thanks and regards,

Andy
Natural Bridge, Virginia
TAG SAFARI wrote on mvalden's profile.
Wishing you a Happy Birthday!