Do German's just do it best?

Yeah but mauser...parkwest....mauser...parkwest .......parkwest sounds like a shopping mall....just saying... :E Big Grin:
Then just say "Dakota"...

None of that fancy stuff will like very good after being dragged through the brush for a few years. Never cared for forendtips and monte Carlo stocks.

As usual, many good points have been made here. I have concluded that the only responsible action is to buy as many fine weapons from as many fine makers as possible. I admire items that have been well contemplated by the designer who has put an extraordinary amount of thinking into making something even more exquisite and more functional. Suits are an easy example but who has to wear suits anymore? Fountain pens, knives, even backpacks (Hill People Gear, for instance), bootmakers and so many others seem to be working at an elevated level to the past. To me, it seems we are living in a a golden era where so many things that we know, and have known for generations, are being reintroduced to us as something even better by artisans. When the kids are done with college, we plan to fly to Germany to buy a G wagon, and then drive to Fanzoj to get a kiplauf with several barrels in different calibers. My wife has no interest in hunting (she is glad to live in a house made safe by guns with someone who knows how to use them) but we plan to travel all over Europe and move between cities and the countryside on a grand tour. We will follow the hunting seasons on the continent and spend time at theaters and opera houses, great restaurants, modest chop houses, and everything in between that allows us to metabolize the adventure. I have digressed a bit from the original theme of the conversation, but the Mercedes plays a prominent role, as does Fanzoj's kiplauf. https://fanzoj.com/collection/single-shot-rifles/fanzoj-kipplauf-kb-1/

As usual, many good points have been made here. I have concluded that the only responsible action is to buy as many fine weapons from as many fine makers as possible. I admire items that have been well contemplated by the designer who has put an extraordinary amount of thinking into making something even more exquisite and more functional. Suits are an easy example but who has to wear suits anymore? Fountain pens, knives, even backpacks (Hill People Gear, for instance), bootmakers and so many others seem to be working at an elevated level to the past. To me, it seems we are living in a a golden era where so many things that we know, and have known for generations, are being reintroduced to us as something even better by artisans. When the kids are done with college, we plan to fly to Germany to buy a G wagon, and then drive to Fanzoj to get a kiplauf with several barrels in different calibers. My wife has no interest in hunting (she is glad to live in a house made safe by guns with someone who knows how to use them) but we plan to travel all over Europe and move between cities and the countryside on a grand tour. We will follow the hunting seasons on the continent and spend time at theaters and opera houses, great restaurants, modest chop houses, and everything in between that allows us to metabolize the adventure. I have digressed a bit from the original theme of the conversation, but the Mercedes plays a prominent role, as does Fanzoj's kiplauf. https://fanzoj.com/collection/single-shot-rifles/fanzoj-kipplauf-kb-1/

Sounds great.....I kinda like my G wagon as well....

:D Beers:

Sounds great.....I kinda like my G wagon as well....

:D Beers:
Just got a 450e, AMG, and am loving it. First Mercedes. Aside from my Tacoma, always drove Volvos. Amazed at how well Mercedes makes a car. #Prost

While that sounds great, Parking inside most European cities is expensive when you can find it. Train stations are usually in the tourist zone and you don't have to worry about driving or parking. You can still do the Fly/Buy and maybe save a few bucks and pay for your trains.

I'd save your money on the double. To date, I am unaware of anyone solving the double ejection issue on a double bolt rifle without having two individually operated bolts which sort of defeats the purpose.

I did say if I was rich - so wouldn’t matter about the issue (be for a “to have” rather than “to use” thing) :)

While that sounds great, Parking inside most European cities is expensive when you can find it. Train stations are usually in the tourist zone and you don't have to worry about driving or parking. You can still do the Fly/Buy and maybe save a few bucks and pay for your trains.

When you are at G-Wagon stade, I’m not sure parking is still something to lose sleep over

I’ve been around long enough to see the cost of parking in NYC rise to levels that are disgustingly high. In some areas, monthly rent costs more than I spent for my crappy little rental apartments that defined that part of my life after college. I’m not in the city anymore, but it’s not unusual to pay $85 when I am, just for the day. I’m going to write down the cost of parking in Europe to friction, and hope that I get to spend far more time in the country than not. As usual, delicate balancing act.

Last edited:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ArlenUbr70

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

TAG SAFARI wrote on mvalden's profile.
Wishing you a Happy Birthday!
TAG SAFARI wrote on K31's profile.
TAG SAFARI wrote on davidg8480's profile.
TAG SAFARI wrote on Daven22s's profile.