Disabled hunters

Jeff

With an outfitter and PH that's prepared to give consideration to your physical limitations and good personal attention, your hunt is definitely possible. Choose an area that has high density in the game you wish to hunt. Preferably do the hunt in the mating season or just before, I'd avoid the drier times of the year unless you're ok with hunting from a blind. Plan on staying longer, 10 days would be perfect. Take a day or two off hunting to give yourself a break, visit some attractions with your fiance. I can't emphasize enough how beautiful South Africa is, as outfitters we often take this for granted and focus too much on the hunting 24/7. Absolutely no need to hunt from a truck, you can do this hunt by spot and short stalk. We regularly hunt with older clients and wives who have physical limitations and we have had great success. It just takes longer, which is fine, more time to smell the roses and enjoy Africa.

I am looking to hunt Africa in 2023 but I have a hereditary lung condition that has caused emphysema. This has left me with fifty percent lung capacity. That and I am a fat 53 year old makes it hard for me to walk distances at times, hills really kick my behind. I can walk a couple hundred yards on fairly flat ground reasonably well, I still get a little winded with that though. I'm working on the fat part, I felt and slept much better when I was 225 pounds. I'm carrying around a sack of feed now 24/7 though.

I would like to hunt in order of priority.

#1 Kudu in the 50 inch range
#2 Gemsbuck
#3 Blue Wildebeest undecided on Bull or Cow
#4 Impala
#5 Warthog if possible

My Fiancee will be coming with me and would like to tag along as a observer.

Is this realistically achievable?

Thank you, Jeff

Hello Jeff,

Welcome to the forum sir. I have a couple of areas where we can do your hunt and be succesful in harvesting all the species you listed.

If your interested, please send me your email address in a PM and I will send through some options for you to consider.

All my best,

Jacques

Good day Jeff,

Would love to make you an offer and definitely think this safaris is achievable.
Kudu might always be challenging, but by no means impossible.

All the best with the planning and looking forward to assist.

Take care,
Hendrik
I am looking to hunt Africa in 2023 but I have a hereditary lung condition that has caused emphysema. This has left me with fifty percent lung capacity. That and I am a fat 53 year old makes it hard for me to walk distances at times, hills really kick my behind. I can walk a couple hundred yards on fairly flat ground reasonably well, I still get a little winded with that though. I'm working on the fat part, I felt and slept much better when I was 225 pounds. I'm carrying around a sack of feed now 24/7 though.

I would like to hunt in order of priority.

#1 Kudu in the 50 inch range
#2 Gemsbuck
#3 Blue Wildebeest undecided on Bull or Cow
#4 Impala
#5 Warthog if possible

My Fiancee will be coming with me and would like to tag along as a observer.

Is this realistically achievable?

Thank you, Jeff

Hello Jeff
Welcome to the site.
We have no mountains here in the Kalahari with very high density of animals.
Usual way of hunting is driving with Landcruiser and spotting game and stalk closer on foot.
We also have bow blinds if you want to take it easy some days.
We have all the animals you mentioned plus many more.
Send an e-mail to dksafaris@gmail.com if we can be of assistance.

Sincerely
Hans de Klerk
DE KLERK SAFARIS

Welcome to AH and congratulations on your planning of a safari. Sorry to hear of you condition but that will not hinder you from having an unforgettable experience. I have sent you a PM.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Thanpan

Latest profile posts

John Kirk wrote on Macduff's profile.
Great transaction on some 375 HH ammo super fast shipping great communication
akriet wrote on Tom Leoni's profile.
Hello Tom: I saw your post about having 11 Iphisi's for sale. I have been thinking about one. I am also located in Virginia. Do you have photos of the availables to share? My email is [redacted]

Thanks and regards,

Andy
Natural Bridge, Virginia