Difficulties exporting trophies from Argentina?

Montanapat claims to have had no problems receiving his trophies from Argentina. So there for I'm not sure how his went threw so quickly and I've been waiting a little over two years for mine. I've also contacted other Argentina outfitters on bookyourhunt and they claim to not have the same problem. I also wonder if my hides will even be worth a damn once I get them. Will they be in horrible shape? And then I will have had to pay for the import of usless junk they can't taxidermy?
Hello Mike, we never will export something that isn't worth of it. We taked care of all trophies. We use the same agent as MontanaPat outfitter, it wasn't a problem from our part. It was a goverment issue. Federico Testa can explain a little bit better than me, because he the one who do all the paperwork.

Best Regards,
Federico

Have other members of the forum hunted in Argentina with other outfitters during the same periods and received their trophies? I’m not trying to stir the pot, but the answer to that question seems to be yes. So what‘s unique about these 2 poster’s trophies that hung them up?

Government action, how is that the outfitters fault?
How is that government action when others here and myself imported trophies from Argentina in the last couple years and his trophies are still in Argentina???
Did you read the whole thread?

Hi folks, I've had decent luck/success exporting trophies out of NZ, ZA, and Bulgaria, and I've been mulling going to Argentina for a Buffalo/blackbuck/red stag hunt. I have friends down in Mexico who've had some real challenges getting trophies out of Argentina, and some of the posts here seem to confim similar challenges. Has anyone success or difficulties that they may want to share, including unplanned "fees" and hidden costs shipping out? Hopefully these are random experiences, but as with everything, you never hear the good, only the bad. Thanks in advance!
Completed a wonderful Argentina hunt the last week of March 2023, 1 stag, 1 blackbuck, 1 feral goat. Despite repeated communications directly with the outfitter and with the booking agent, no word on the status of the trophies. It's quite frustrating. Have had trophies from Namibia come over four separate times without incident.

Have other members of the forum hunted in Argentina with other outfitters during the same periods and received their trophies? I’m not trying to stir the pot, but the answer to that question seems to be yes. So what‘s unique about these 2 poster’s trophies that hung them up?
Still waiting for mine from March 2023 but even more frustrating is no one can tell me what the situation is....never had this happen in four safaris in Namibia. In fact, trophies from my last Namibia hunt in October arrived at my taxidermist a week ago. Still waiting for any word at all on my trophies from Argentina after 16 months...different outfitter than others in this thread. Both outfitter and booking agency are well known. No one seems to be able to tell me or the other group of hunters that were there and who are also waiting for their trophies anything...

Still waiting for mine from March 2023 but even more frustrating is no one can tell me what the situation is....never had this happen in four safaris in Namibia. In fact, trophies from my last Namibia hunt in October arrived at my taxidermist a week ago. Still waiting for any word at all on my trophies from Argentina after 16 months...different outfitter than others in this thread. Both outfitter and booking agency are well known. No one seems to be able to tell me or the other group of hunters that were there and who are also waiting for their trophies anything...
That’s really unfortunate! Sorry to hear this…for you and anyone else in the same predicament. Argentina has always been on my list to hunt, but I’m going to wait a bit to see if this gets fixed.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
AdalbertoC

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

John A Flaws wrote on Horbs's profile.
500 schuler magazine.jpg
500 schuler bore.jpg
500 and 425 rifles.jpg
500 and 425 magaizne.jpg
cwpayton wrote on Goat416's profile.
Goat416 welcome to the forum ,youve got some great pics and Im sure trophy's
ghay wrote on professor's profile.
Hello,
Would you consider selling just the Barnes 235's and 250g TTSX's?
Hunt27 wrote on Tra3's profile.
Spain, i booked through a consultant, i book almost everything through him now and he's done me right. his contact 724 986 7206 if interested and he will have more info to share,
I hunted elephant with Luke Samaris in 2005. It was my fourth safari and I tell you he is a fine gentleman the best. I got the opportunity to meet Patty Curtis, although never hunted with him but enjoyed our conversation around our tent in the Selous. Very sad for a tough guy to leave this world the way he did. Let’s pray the murderers are caught. I hope to see Luke in Nashville.