DEPRIMING LIVE PRIMERS

What's the worst case? Obviously that the primer goes off and shoots things, possibly even pieces of the die, outward. It isn't going to sever your carotid, but VERY small amounts of force will damage your eyes to the point that you get a forever eyepatch. Now consider how much higher or lower that unpredictable risk is for every action that involves primers.....most of them involve gunpowder as well. Again, an uncontained brass case will simply rupture, possibly after forcing the press ram down at great speed, but it still isn't producing ballistic injuries on a scale beyond what will require at most a few stitches OR severe damage to your eyes.

To me, the take-away isn't "be super careful when de-capping live primers" but "be super careful when RELOADING AND ALWAYS WEAR EYE PROTECTION". Julian Hatcher famously observed that in all of his destructive testing of guns, most injuries to a shooter would've been avoided with gloves and eye protection.

Started de priming and re using primers a few months ago with great success, just have to be careful

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
anwarsadat

Latest profile posts

3 Wake Ups and South Africa Bound!
SETH RINGER wrote on Altitude sickness's profile.
I'LL TAKE THE BOOKS IF THEY ARE NOT SOLD. NO ?? ASKED
Hififile324 wrote on Charliehorse's profile.
Hi Charles, thanks for your interest in the .375 Ammo, Components and dies. Feel free to call or text [redacted]. Email [redacted]
Kudu2025 wrote on stk's profile.
I will take that Sako .375 if it is still available