Delta vs United (higher end economy)

The nonstop United flight from EWR to JNB is on a 787 Dreamliner, a really nice plane to travel long haul in. For me, the Delta flight works better for connectors.

Any of the Row 40 seats in the Delta A350 Main Cabin will give you lots of legroom. It is a bulkhead exit row. I thought about switching to it this past Sunday but it was $150 to make the change. Given I'm short, it wasn't worth it to me. To you, however, it could be worth every penny.

I have flown United's Premium Economy, the 6" extra legroom is a real bonus, the width of the seat is the same as the regular seats. I've never flown Delta to Africa. This past March I flew Qatar, and I am flying Qatar this September again, great airline, great service.

They are the best Delta and United you can have

I just looked at the seat map on my Delta app. The economy bulkhead is row 37. This the seating on the June 28 flight which is the new seat configuration

About to book my flight to East London airport eastern cape. I can’t afford/justify first class but will be looking premium economy seats. I’m 6’1 and all legs I can suffer on shorter flights in the back but 15 hours the extra $700 each way is worth the leg room between delta and united who has the better set up?
Delta has better airplanes, better service, Delta is GUN FRIENDLY with my experiences.

Its a lot of red tape dealing with United flying with a gun overseas from what I've heard. Especially if you are flying through Newark or somewhere in Europe. I'm flying out to JNB Friday on Delta. It will be by 4th trip. Flew to Zambia in 21 on Delta, stopped over in the Netherlands only because covid was going on Delta stopped direct flights to JNB in 21 but their partnering airline was comfortable. & no hassle. Well worth the price.

I prefer Delta because I've had bad experiences flying with United domestically, but everyone has a different experience. Good luck on your hunt.

The nonstop United flight from EWR to JNB is on a 787 Dreamliner, a really nice plane to travel long haul in. For me, the Delta flight works better for connectors.

Yes the Dreamliner is a nice plane. However, every seat in every class is at least 1” narrower. I will take an A350 or B777 over the B787. Of course, if you can find an B747-8 or A380 even better.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Richardtar

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Redfishga1 wrote on gearguywb's profile.
I would be interested in the ruger if the other guy is not.
Bartbux wrote on franzfmdavis's profile.
Btw…this was Kuche….had a great time.
Sorry to see your troubles on pricing.

Happy to call you and talk about experience…I’m also a Minnesota guy.
Ready for the next hunt