Delta flight 200 ATL-JNB

Me too Phillip, I opted for it round trip this time, having flown in economy comfort in the US, I can see a difference in the seats being a tiny bit wider, and definitely more leg room! 15 hours it will certainly help

I agree. Its about $400 total to go EC for my trip. However I will say this, It kinds makes you feel like you are in business class. Just a little special treatment on two grueling 15 hour flights helps me!
Regards,
Philip

I try and sleep as much as possible, get up and stretch and exercise in the corridor between front and back and of course visit the head so I don't really notice. Besides $400 is a blesbuck

When I was planning my trip Delta was $1000-$3000 more than SAA out of NY. So I flew SAA. For those that say that they want a direct flight and no stop in Dakar, what is a 1-2 hour layover when you can't get off the plane when you are already on a 15-18 hour flight? We flew nonstop from NY to Joberg on the way down but stopped in Dakar on the way back.

I guess if you live where you can drive to Atlanta to fly directly out then Delta may be the way to go but 99.99% of us have to fly from our home airport to another one to fly to South Africa. But with the extra price of Delta you can hunt a couple of more animals if you fly SAA

For my itinerary in September to Mozambique, SAA wasn't any cheaper than Delta. And, from Tampa, it was more convenient to fly through Atlanta than going further north. In 2011 we flew out of DC on SAA. A good flight. What I liked best was the seat setup was two by the window - so Ann and I had our privacy. On Delta, it is three. We'll see who ends up next to us. 6 months and 12 days to wheels up. Can't wait.

I am giving Emirates a try this time....Nothing against Delta, it was good. Emirates has a few better amenities during flight, just wanted to fly someone different, check out another part of the globe. Times are about the same. Dallas (30 min from home) to Dubai then on to Joberg. 74 more days for me.

I've done the Dallas to J'burg, 200/201 round trip three times now, and #4 will be this August. I"m 6'2" as well, and love the row 29 EC seats on the bulkhead......loads of legroom and free beers. What's not to like? I feel it's worth every penny of the $400 rd trip cost. At his time I'm not willing to give the muslim airlines one cent of my American money.

I leave out of DFW . This is my 3rd trip but Flew Delta in 05' out of Atlanta 2-4-2 seat setup with stop over in Dakar for fuel as well, 2014 out of IAD also 2-4-2 setup and stop for fuel . The new 777 flight is direct with no stops so 15 hrs in the beats 19 out of IAD for sure just curious as the service/ seating arrangement.
Used same travel agent booking agent recommended last trip she was excellent this time never answer phone doesn't answer emails and my only concern was I didn't want a bulkhead seat next to head . I finally had to call Delta to get an Itentarary and sure enough we had a bulkhead seats but checked early enough to change but wont use or recommend her anymore.
I wish I could land airfare rates everyone post I paid $1620 I believe for DFW-ATL-JNB-ELS, had a guy tell me he booked going through DOHA for $897 but he had a 14hr layover not my cup of tea shorter the better. Have no desire to travel middle east at all .
This trip going to try hotel across street 70m from airport exit as it is IGH (Holiday Inn) using points so we will see restaurant is suppose to be top notch.

Redass you got a good price I think. Four legs for that price is great. I paid $1300 round trip last year before comfort upgrade for my son Houston ATL JNB. Your right the 777 is comfortable.
Go on the Seat guru website and plug in airline then type plane,777, and it will rate your seat and all possible pros and cons! If I remember right it's set up 2-4-2 in coach.
I'm with you about not wanting to travel through the Middle East and I have enough Delta Sky Miles to get the ticket and fly straight through from Atlanta.

Yea I didn't get miles 1st trip flew United second so now back to delta so I am starting over AA miles I have 23,400 miles that expire th 20 th as I don't travel there routes anymore

Yeah.... AA has $hitty routes to Africa. Sucks for me.... As they are the major player here at DFW..... To add insult to injury you can't take firearms, because all of their routes take you thru Europe (London), then codeshare with BA. Due to the switch of airlines they prohibit. Maybe I'll get to burn this war chest full of AA miles one day when I use the PHs gun. Fly first class like a pimp, not slow down for gun.... Blow straight thru..... That be nice!!!!!

We also opted for economy comfort and I think the little bit of extra room was well worth the cost.

BWH,

If you ever thought about NZ or Australia? now AA goes there now, and you could fly there for free! I am also a big AA guy, and have looked into this for a possible return to NZ

I'd do NZ or Australia in a heartbeat.

We also opted for economy comfort and I think the little bit of extra room was well worth the cost.

Hell yeah.... It works out to $10/hr. You might drink more than that. (y)

Hell I'm only 5'6 so I'm fine

If they gave me a craftsmatic adjustable bed, it would still be too small for me.... @ 5'8 & 170lbs. I don't give a damn... After so many hours I either want to go to bed or get the hell up & go run or something. I hate the cramped ass airline seats.... And I love to fly.

My wife and I booked our flights last Dec. for this coming Sept. From Idaho Falls to SLC to Atlanta to Joburg with the cheap seats shortly we got a email from Delta and asked if we would like their Comfort Plus up grade both ways at no charge just for trying it. We jumped at the chance, they said approximately 4 more inches of leg room and seats that reclined a bit more and up graded snacks and beverages. I've always been too cheap to try it but who knows maybe it'll spoil me!

Yeah.... AA has $hitty routes to Africa. Sucks for me.... As they are the major player here at DFW..... To add insult to injury you can't take firearms, because all of their routes take you thru Europe (London), then codeshare with BA. Due to the switch of airlines they prohibit. Maybe I'll get to burn this war chest full of AA miles one day when I use the PHs gun. Fly first class like a pimp, not slow down for gun.... Blow straight thru..... That be nice!!!!!

You could just take BA from DFW and not worry about changing airlines at Heathrow T3 to T5. I will be taking BA from IAH this summer, of course I have to drive to Houston from San Antonio, the Austin flight is just too expensive and impossible to get miles seats on. I would have loved taking the DL flight from ATL, but Business class was too expensive, so I opted for BA Premium E, The Delta E product is just not that good, even paying the extra for their idea of plus, not for that long of a flight. I also look at the Emirates flight from DFW Business and was serious considering taking it over the BA, but maybe net time.

By the way you could use those miles on QF and fly to OZ direct from Dallas, that's a very nice flight in premium E on a 380. Or head to IAH and take the direct to NZ of course no AA miles for that flight.

Reactions: BWH

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
NolanMesse

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

idjeffp wrote on Jon R15's profile.
Hi Jon,
I saw your post for the .500 NE cases. Are these all brass or are they nickel plated? Hard for me to tell... sorry.
Thanks,
Jeff [redacted]
Boise, ID
[redacted]
African Scenic Safaris is a Sustainable Tour Operator based in Moshi, Tanzania. Established in 2009 as a family business, the company is owned and operated entirely by locals who share the same passion for showing people the amazing country of Tanzania and providing a fantastic personalized service.
FDP wrote on dailordasailor's profile.
1200 for the 375 barrel and accessories?