Delta and arriving at night

Stay in Joberg at one of the suggested hotels or lodges. Do not drive to Kimberly at night. You will drive through long stretches of unlit roads, with donkey carts and people walking in the middle of the road. Remote, night driving is the most dangerous things you can do in the eastern cape area.

I would pay for the extra flight. But.
If you want to drive do it in daylight

Yep….this!
 
It also matters if you know and trust the driver.

I have made similar drives at night but I knew who was driving. And he is a very savvy, well healed PH.

Well Healed in the old western US sense, as in well armed.
 
Johannesburg to Kimberley is a good road, but the risk of donkeys, kudu and cattle on the roads at night are not worth it.

Enjoy a night at one of the accommodations in JHB, settle some of the jet lag, at take care of the one hour flight to KBY the next day.
 
I am travelling next summer to Kimberly, SA with my family. I have 2 choices for how to get from Johannesburg to Kimberly that I need to decide on, and would love to hear any of your opinions/thoughts!

Choice 1: spend the night in Johannesburg at Africa Sky for 150 per person per night and the take a flight from Johannesburg to Kimberly for 180 per person round trip

Choice 2: ground transport to Kimberly for the 320 miles, for $450 each way. This would be split between whoever else is hunting at the same lodge and chooses to do this also.
(One issue I foresee with this is that the Delta flight arrives at 7pm in the evening and I am not sure about the safety of riding that far that late)
I would stay at City Lodge or Intercontinental and fly Airlink the next morning. This is my usual itinerary for much of Southern Africa when flying Delta.
 

Forum statistics

Threads
70,351
Messages
1,573,732
Members
169,841
Latest member
TysonKail
 

 

 

Latest profile posts

K_P wrote on Buckleyguy12's profile.
Good morning from Montana.

I'm looking at a post from 2018 where you were looking for a lefty Winchester in .375 H&H Magnum. I'm selling mine. My email is [redacted] in the event that you're still searching for a unicorn.

Best,

Kelly Palmer
Gents, if you book and pay your deposit before the end of this year , you can have the bigger cull package for the 2026 price! https://www.africahunting.com/threa...griffiths-safaris-starting-at-us-2-560.96285/
I am currently in Northern Cape scouting a hunting area, we will have lots of amazing hunting opportunities for 2027! I will post updated available dates soon!
Azklmsr wrote on MANKAZANA SAFARIS's profile.
Good Evening. I am very interested in you hunt for the spiral slam. March in 2028 would be fine for me

Couple of quick questions:

1) Can we add some additional species on
2) what do you want for a deposit?
3) how do you want me to sign up

I'm on whats app or email

Kurt [redacted]

have a great evening
MHYOUNG 375 wrote on Marley7x57's profile.
If you really are interested I 'll send some pix. I have quiet a few.
 
Top