Day hunt from Cape Town Recommendation

JimmyJack54

AH enthusiast
Joined
Jul 31, 2023
Messages
274
Reaction score
421
Location
Alabama
Media
2
Member of
SCI Life Member
Hunted
South Africa
My family and I will be spending several days in Cape Town this July. I’m interested in a day hunt while I am there for Cape Grysbok and/or Blue Duiker. Recommendations of outfitters or your similar hunting experiences welcomed.
 
Contact Game-4-Africa Safaris, they are sponsors here. I hunted with them on 2022, and I’m heading back this Jun. I didn’t hunt any small antelopes, but if they can, you will not be disappointed.
 
Contact Game-4-Africa Safaris, they are sponsors here. I hunted with them on 2022, and I’m heading back this Jun. I didn’t hunt any small antelopes, but if they can, you will not be disappointed.
Thanks for the recommendation. It appears they operate out of the Eastern Cape. I will reach out to them.

I’m really looking for something within a couple of hours of Cape Town (Western Cape) if possible. It may not work out but I thought I would see if I could duck out on sightseeing for a day and hunt a species that is endemic to that area of the country. (Looks like blue duiker is going to be more of an Eastern Cape, not Western Cape, so it’s probably a no go for the purposes of this trip.)
 
Dear Jimmy we are based in Cape Town and would be thrilled to host you will send you a dm message.

Regards
Sampie
 
Bontebok, Cape Grysbok and Grey Rhebuck are good options or A cape mountain zebra we have great areas for all four of these species I send you a dm also.
 
Thanks for the recommendation. It appears they operate out of the Eastern Cape. I will reach out to them.

I’m really looking for something within a couple of hours of Cape Town (Western Cape) if possible. It may not work out but I thought I would see if I could duck out on sightseeing for a day and hunt a species that is endemic to that area of the country. (Looks like blue duiker is going to be more of an Eastern Cape, not Western Cape, so it’s probably a no go for the purposes of this trip.)
If you are willing to travel to the Eastern Cape, we can assist. Cape Grysbuck is a nocturnal hunt, so it won't be as simple for just a day hunt. You will need a few nights to hunt one. Blue Duiker can be 1-2 days from a blind or over hounds.

Please let me know if we can assist in any way.

Take Care,
Marius Goosen
KMG Hunting Safaris
 
If you are willing to travel to the Eastern Cape, we can assist. Cape Grysbuck is a nocturnal hunt, so it won't be as simple for just a day hunt. You will need a few nights to hunt one. Blue Duiker can be 1-2 days from a blind or over hounds.

Please let me know if we can assist in any way.

Take Care,
Marius Goosen
KMG Hunting Safaris
Than you for your response. Unfortunately, this trip will not allow me to travel to the EC. I’m on a limited schedule and would only have time for a one day or evening hunts out of Cape Town. I realize that it isn’t ideal but it’s what I have to work with.
 

Forum statistics

Threads
70,275
Messages
1,570,290
Members
168,866
Latest member
DeweyForwo
 

 

 

Latest profile posts

curt672 wrote on Robmill70's profile.
So What's the story on the 340 ??? thanks Curt
rdog wrote on Bob Nelson 35Whelen's profile.
Bob i was at Rebel gun works last Friday they had once fired 25/20 brass in their up stairs section , how are the knees going?
hunted So Africa 4 times and more to come
 
Top