Dakota Model 97 9.3x62 Swarovski 3-10

matthew anderson

AH veteran
Reaction score
Media
Member of
101st Airborne Division Association, 506th Airborne Infantry Regiment Association, HSC, GOA,NRA
Dakota model 97 9.3x62 with Swarovski Habicht 3-10. Just clearing some stuff out. Great rifle, nice looking wood, chambered in the outstanding 9.3x62. It was a custom order and I believe Dakota/ Parkwest said it was the only one they did in 9.3x62 or it was the only 9.3x62 done in wood, I can't remember. If you want it in the traditional safari setup with barrel band sling swivel, banded front sight and express rear sights, Parkwest will do it and it was extremely reasonable. They said turn around would be 2-3 weeks.
It has been in the bush, so it has a few little marks here and there. Whomever is interested, we can do a facetime call and I'll take it outside in natural light so they can see it better. I'm in Texas so a FTF is also possible.

Please, serious inquiries only. If you already know you aren't going to buy it, there's no real point in asking for more pics as we are all busy folks.
It'll ship from my FFL to yours. Rifle with Scope $2500

Thanks.

IMG_8174.jpg
IMG_8175.jpg
IMG_8176.jpg
IMG_7711.jpg
IMG_7718.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
I don't imagine it will take long to go, so if you want it and don't act I'm sorry. I can't hold it.

I would love to purchase your rifle in a Face to Face deal (I am in Texas as well )

Let me know where you are and when you would like to meet; and consider it sold.
ill shoot you a message

Right! So, who on this board purchased it?

That’s an amazing package. Please post pix when you get it!

I all ready have it! We did a FTF in TEXAS - ya got to Love TEXAS ; very gun friendly .

He has already posted pic's of the gun just trying to locate all the reloading stuff needed for 9.3x62

Attachments

• Screenshot 2023-10-17 at 6.49.59 AM Large.jpeg
    Screenshot 2023-10-17 at 6.49.59 AM Large.jpeg
    146.8 KB · Views: 43
I guess I did. I could not pass on it.
Ya and i had 2nds thru PM and was hoping the FTF would flop! LOL! Congrats and glad you got a great set up at a fantastic price!

It was a great rifle at a good price provided that the buyer can find joy in what it is. It was not a good rifle at a good price for the "upgrader" that had big ideas about transforming it into something vastly different.

It was a model 97, without iron sights, with a blind internal magazine, in a wonderful do-all caliber for Africa, in a light-weight stock contour, with a wonderful optic, and great rings.

It was not a model 76 with iron sights, extended bottom metal, overbuilt stock for heavy recoil, barrel band swivel, etc.

Some folks were emailing me about getting it and upgrading it to be that which it is not at a cost that would have been double to triple the price of the rifle. I'm glad it went to a buyer that is content in the pleasure of the wonderful thing it is, minus the delusions of transforming it into something it should never be.

Wonderful rifle for all sorts of safaris, enjoy!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CherieBatt

Latest profile posts

John Kirk wrote on Macduff's profile.
Great transaction on some 375 HH ammo super fast shipping great communication
akriet wrote on Tom Leoni's profile.
Hello Tom: I saw your post about having 11 Iphisi's for sale. I have been thinking about one. I am also located in Virginia. Do you have photos of the availables to share? My email is [redacted]

Thanks and regards,

Andy
Natural Bridge, Virginia