Media
Hunting reports
Africa
Australia/NZ
Member of
SCI, NRA
Hunted
SA, NZ, Montana, Maryland , Georgia , Mississippi, USA
If anyone has this rifle sitting in their safe feeling lonely I would be very interested in purchasing your gun . Please pm if you are interested in my offer. Thank you Rick

I don't think Dakota made any in this configuration, at least I've not yet seen one. The 280AI wasn't a SAAMI cartridge until the very end of the Dakota era. Anything is possible, but I think the odds of finding any Dakota in this caliber are pretty low, far lower with the requirement of a 76 vs a plastic 97.

Based on the era if you did find the one in a million gun, I'm sure you're aware it will be for the original wildcat loading which is not compatible with factory produced SAAMI ammo which is slightly different.

Just trying to be helpful, you might want to find the nicest, least expensive Dakota 76 that pleases you (e.g. a lower value proprietary Dakota caliber) and send it to Parkwest for a rebarrel to your preferred version of 280AI.

Good luck in your search, please let the forum know if you find one or learn how many were made.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
istonecare

Latest profile posts

I am game for a meat and eat. My attempt at humor.
rigby 416 wrote on rifletuner's profile.
Come from cz like that.
John A Flaws wrote on Horbs's profile.
500 schuler magazine.jpg
500 schuler bore.jpg
500 and 425 rifles.jpg
500 and 425 magaizne.jpg
cwpayton wrote on Goat416's profile.
Goat416 welcome to the forum ,youve got some great pics and Im sure trophy's