CZ550 / Leupold scope issues

Not sure of the base selection, but I've seen bases with the dovetail portion extended beyond the screw portion. If the extended portion is to the rear, this may add enough distance for the eye relief to correct; the problem is that if the scope sits farther back, the bell may be hitting the action, which may require getting rings that are taller.
A new VX5 1-5 illuminated will be here this week or next... now I have to buy a new gun to put the other scope on.

My 404
IMG_0697.jpg

I have a VX-3 1.5-5 on my.375 H & H CZ 550 magnum, with Leupold rings. Just barely enough room to get the proper eye relief. My glass was great and I was able to shoot beyond 200 yards on a kudu with no problems. I shot every thing from a Steenbok to an Eland in 2017. I had no issues with the scope. I was using the CZ to practice for a Buffalo hunt this year. I don't believe you will have any problems with the 1-5 scope at any distance you will shoot in Africa.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MaryellenC

Latest profile posts

HerbJohnson wrote on Triathlete3's profile.
If you have an email, I would love to be able to chat with you about J.P.H. Prohunt. My email address is [redacted]. Thanks.
Another Wildebees cull shot this morning!
We are doing a cull hunt this week!

Hyde Hunter wrote on Ontario Hunter's profile.
which East Cape Taxidermist are you referring to? I had Lauriston do my work not real happy with them. oh thanks for the advise on the mount hangers a few months ago. Jim
jimbo1972 wrote on Bwaybuilder's profile.
Great to do business with