CZ550 375H&H to 458 Lott started today

Did you strip down this stock and refinish it? If so what was the final coat? It looks awesome to me!! Thank you for sharing this build.

Did you strip down this stock and refinish it? If so what was the final coat? It looks awesome to me!! Thank you for sharing this build.
Not yet. Still wearing the factory finish. The rifle had been shot very little, if at all, before I got it as a 375H&H, and I had only shot it at my backyard range, so the stock has very few dings or marks on it.
With Kevin full bedding the action and adding the pillars, this rifle can be taken down and reassembled with no change in POI; tested and proven many times now. I'll do the same for the matching 375 so they can both fit in a Pelican 1700 for the eventual trip overseas.

Kevin's putting an ebony forend and grip cap on my CZ 550 in 500 Jeffery. Going with a darker finish as well. It shoots great, just "dolling it up". This is how it looked before the "cosmetic surgery"

full

Last edited by a moderator:
Not yet. Still wearing the factory finish. The rifle had been shot very little, if at all, before I got it as a 375H&H, and I had only shot it at my backyard range, so the stock has very few dings or marks on it.
With Kevin full bedding the action and adding the pillars, this rifle can be taken down and reassembled with no change in POI; tested and proven many times now. I'll do the same for the matching 375 so they can both fit in a Pelican 1700 for the eventual trip overseas.
If you plan on leaving the scopes installed or detached and in the rifle case, it could be a tight fit with the 1700. The best way I can think of doing it would be to put the barreled actions diagonal with the stocks in the corners.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Liza02B069

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

gunslinger1971 wrote on Gray Fox's profile.
Do you still have the Browning 1895 and do you want to sell it? I'm might be interested. If so please let me know and do you have any pictures?

Steve in Missouri
[redacted]
Redfishga1 wrote on gearguywb's profile.
I would be interested in the ruger if the other guy is not.
Bartbux wrote on franzfmdavis's profile.
Btw…this was Kuche….had a great time.
Sorry to see your troubles on pricing.

Happy to call you and talk about experience…I’m also a Minnesota guy.