CZ 550 vs Winchester model 70 (416 Rigby)

I can only say for the fact of owning them and not for Africa use yet. I had a CZ in 416 Rigby that I sold to my dad who used it in AK on a Brown bear hunt with no issues. I own a 458 Lott in a CZ and I have had no issues with it either. I shoot it a fair amount in ND cold which is below zero a lot during winter and in the low hundreds in the summer. I feel they are good guns with just a little care. The one thing I noted with both was they can be a tad heavy for long hikes. I like that for the reason that I am not a large person and it helps in recoil from both calibers.

I have a hard time figuring why the same people that bad mouth a 700 will brag on a CZ when they know they send 'em out not functioning correctly. I refuse to support a company that does that. A dangerous game rifle that won't feed solids? Really?

Yes I have seen some of those CZ purchased for use by Kruger game scouts and they are beat to death........but I don't see anything about them that would handle the beating better than a 70.....or a 700 for that matter.

Yep most CZs I've fooled with where accurate, so are most 700s and 70s. Me personally I believe it's the price point that sells the things and the fact that a bunch of Africans have 'em. They are much cheaper and more readily available in Africa than Remingtons or Winchesters so a lot of Africans have them.........

I really believe the price point sells a bunch of 'em here in the states too. If you just gotta have CRF a Ruger RSM is twice the rifle as is a Winchester 70, even the new Hawkeye IMO is a much better rifle than the CZ...................... But hey we all have opinions, that's why there are options!(y)

Jono: Winchester did in fact make M70s in .416 Rigby, but only for a short time around 10 or so years ago. The rifle was called the Custom African Express. I have only seen pictures of one. Maybe a year ago one of the Cabela's had one for sale. They were beautiful high end rifles that retailed for around $4500.00. If you find one for sale and decide not to buy it yourself, let me know, I might be interested. Although it is highly likely that the price has skyrocketed by now!

http://www.winchesterguns.com/products/catalog/historic-detail.asp?family=013C&mid=535912

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MariaHab

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Longfeather1 wrote on Cmwkwarrwn's profile.
Hello Clark
Thanks for the interest in my rifle. If you want to discuss it further you can email me direct at [redacted] or call my cell number [redacted].
Look forward to talking with you.
Regards,
Jack Kramer
quacker attacker wrote on JMV375's profile.
Hello, My wife and I hunted with Marius 2 years ago. He fit us into his schedule after a different outfitter "bailed" on us. He was always very good with communications and although we didn't end up meeting him personally, he called us multiple times during our hunt to make sure things were going well. We were very happy with him.
TERMINATOR wrote on Cuthberto's profile.
Reach out to the guys at Epic Outdoors.

They will steer you right for landowner tags and outfitters that have them.

I have held a membership with them for years and they are an invaluable resource.

Way better that asking random people on the internet...WAY better

Raskolnikov743 wrote on skydiver386's profile.
Skydiver386,

Did you ever find your 30-06 CZ550? I own a fairly solid conditioned one, if you wanted to talk.

[redacted]