CZ 550 express sights... useless?

Hi BenKK.

Do you know wich height the factory frontsight would have on the 550 in 415 rigby?
Sincerely Yours

Ronny

Hi BenKK.

Do you know wich height the factory frontsight would have on the 550 in 415 rigby?
Sincerely Yours

Ronny
If you were to shoot the gun at a measured distance and measure the offset result at that distance you could then input the sight radius, distance and offset into any front sight height calculator on the web and get your desired result. Then you go to Recknagel or NECG and order the correct part which should solve your impact issue.

Thank you
My way of regulating front sights, was going to the range with my gunsmith.
I was shooting and he was changing front sights of different heights, until we found proper front sight with good height, giving exact point of impact. Rifle ZKK 602.

Reactions: RHG

Attachments

Reactions: RHG
I guess I'm lucky my 2 czs are dead nuts accurate and I never touched the sights.
Mine were factory made good, but I had to raise rear sight after installing the bases for German swing mounts. So i hade to install new higher front sight to compensate for this.

I just bought mine, and the previous owner took the front sight and the cover off and didn’t find it. I have found the cover, but need the front sight. I want too keep this rifle in original condition. Not easy to find those parts here in Norway. Thank to you all for all the help you have given me, very much appreciated

RHG,

I see someone mentioned New England Custom Guns for front and rear sights. I replaced the sights on my CZ550 chambered in 416 Rigby with NECG sights. My local gunsmith installed a NECG banded front sight, and they also fitted a three express sight into the existing CZ rear sight base. The rear sight will require either you or the gunsmith to shoot the rifle and file the express leafs in order to sight in the rifle correctly for the load you will be shooting.

I guess I'm lucky my 2 czs are dead nuts accurate and I never touched the sights.
Hi. Are tou shooting 416 Rigby? And if, would you like to share the number on the underside of the ffront sight insert

Mine came good when new, but I bought mine from the CZ Custom Shop and asked for an NECG front sight so I'm sure they adjusted it there.

Hi. Are tou shooting 416 Rigby? And if, would you like to share the number on the underside of the ffront sight insert
Like take the front sight off and look or the hood cover over it?

You can never go wrong with NECG. Their Customer Service is excellent and will work with you over the phone to determine what front and rear sights for height to pick along with the proper inserts if you provide them with some basic information such as barrel Dia. distance between sight etc. Good people and I believe they are recovering stock after COVID shortages.

Just my two cents. But may be I could be completely wrong as I’m not an expert as many people here. I used to have a CZ 550 in .308 with such a beautiful hog back stock. I had to change it to a straight style American stock as the hog back recoiled way different and it didn’t fit me right. The American stock was perfect and I shot perfect groups with it. It did change the POI significantly. Guessing it’s all about how the rifle fitted me differently

The open sights on my CZ550 in 416 Rigby, in original form where a dismal failure, simply because the front sight bead was too small for my aged eyes to pick up clearly and quickly. I put NECG Fiber Optic green sight on and this worked. The only problem was I have to use the 200mt leaf on the rear sight for it to zero at 100mts. Now a few years latter that sight is becoming blurred. :D

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
RVWClevela

Latest profile posts

EC HUNTING SAFARIS wrote on MarcoPani's profile.
Happy Birthday, from Grahamstown, South Africa.
I hope your day is great!
Cheers
Marius
EC HUNTING SAFARIS wrote on Ilkay Taskin's profile.
Happy Birthday from Grahamstown, South Africa! I hope you have a great day!
Cheers, Marius
idjeffp wrote on Jon R15's profile.
Hi Jon,
I saw your post for the .500 NE cases. Are these all brass or are they nickel plated? Hard for me to tell... sorry.
Thanks,
Jeff [redacted]
Boise, ID
[redacted]