CZ-550 .458 Lott - Custom Work Recommendations

Beck

AH fanatic
Reaction score
Media
Hunting reports
Africa
Good day. I have a CZ-550 in .458 lott. It has not had any custom work done to it at this point. It seems to cycle shells well, and the bolt is pretty smooth. My question is who should I have do custom work on the rifle, and what should I have done? My initial thoughts are to shorten the barrel, and to install a three position safety. Maybe buy a new stock as it currently wears a pretty plane stock. I have also thought about having a removable muzzle break installed, and putting a white bead on the front sight. All feedback is welcome

Good day. I have a CZ-550 in .458 lott. It has not had any custom work done to it at this point. It seems to cycle shells well, and the bolt is pretty smooth. My question is who should I have do custom work on the rifle, and what should I have done? My initial thoughts are to shorten the barrel, and to install a three position safety. Maybe buy a new stock as it currently wears a pretty plane stock. I have also thought about having a removable muzzle break installed, and putting a white bead on the front sight. All feedback is welcome
I don’t know anyone in your neck of the woods, but Tipton Burns is awesome. Canyon Lake, Texas. He has built many rifles for guys here. I hate brakes, but his are seamless. He just built a .404J for me on a CZ action and did a great job. He installed a three position safety for me as well. Honestly, if you’re going to restock it with a nice piece of lumber, you may want to consider buying a new rifle and selling yours. Stocking costs are where you get killed. I just had him utilize a Bell and Carlson on this last build. Certainly did not need another rifle, but got tired of staring at the action on my bench.

Matrix would be good to talk to if they have sorted out their kinks, they took over from AHR.

I know at least one member has used them, and I don’t think it went a smooth as he had hoped. Maybe you can find the thread and contact the member

To add to my earlier post, searching matrix on here I’ve found a lot of positive reviews as well!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
LeviHyde3

Latest profile posts

Redfishga1 wrote on gearguywb's profile.
I would be interested in the ruger if the other guy is not.
Bartbux wrote on franzfmdavis's profile.
Btw…this was Kuche….had a great time.
Sorry to see your troubles on pricing.

Happy to call you and talk about experience…I’m also a Minnesota guy.
Ready for the next hunt