Custom Blaser R8 case

jimbo1972

AH veteran
Reaction score
Hunting reports
Africa
So I dipped my toe into the Blaser R8 game. I purchased a Blaser R8 Professional Success leather from a AH member. I originally had plans of only buying a 375 H&H barrel as I have two safes full of other calibers but it has gotten a little out of hand in a short period of time. I now have what I consider the hunt the world package that allows me to take anything from small Antelope to Cape Buffalo.
I decided I needed a case to hold everything. I own several and I like the Pelican Vault line better than others I have tried and it is slightly wider than the other Pelicans and I needed to fit everything. I ordered the Vault 730 case and custom foam from Gunfoam.com.
In the case.
Blaser R8 Professional Success Leather in orientation so serial number can be checked without having to rove from case.
3 barrels that I had threaded to accept a suppressor. 257 Weatherby, 300 Win Mag and 375 H&H.
3 scopes. 2 Leupold VX-5 3-18x44mm. 1 Leupold VX-6 2-18x42mm.
Magazine inserts for the three calibers.
2 suppressors. One Banish backcountry light weight 30 cal. One Silencerco Hybrid M which can do anything 45 cal down and rated to 460 Weatherby.
Space for another fire control group.
T-handle 5mm for assembly.
With sling and suppressor covers not shown the entire package is 43 pounds.
IMG_6762.jpeg

IMG_6761.jpeg
IMG_6760.jpeg

GunFoam is great.

Nice setup...lot of thought behind it...perfect range of calibers. Perfect traveling rig.

I added 416 to mine for DG to have a bit more power. Have you considered the .22 rimfire conversion? That's a lot of fun and very practical.

Nice setup...lot of thought behind it...perfect range of calibers. Perfect traveling rig.

I added 416 to mine for DG to have a bit more power. Have you considered the .22 rimfire conversion? That's a lot of fun and very practical.

After having to use my PH's 1845 .22 with a trigger creep. That is a great idea, I did not know Blaser made a .22.

Yea that green is striking.

We went a similar route with our Blaser rifles, but bought the case from GunFoam. They made it super easy to do business with them.
1728670488850.png

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ShirleenMo

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

TAG SAFARI wrote on mvalden's profile.
Wishing you a Happy Birthday!
TAG SAFARI wrote on K31's profile.
TAG SAFARI wrote on davidg8480's profile.
TAG SAFARI wrote on Daven22s's profile.