Custom 458 Winchester Bolt Action

Interested...

Quick searching around the web found articles talking about the early 03A3 actions being brittle. This gun looks to have been run a good bit... I'm guessing you've never had any trouble with it? It feeds okay?

I'm also guessing it only holds two in the magazine?

Just for giggles; does anyone know/have experience if this action would accommodate the .458 Lott?

Many thanks,

Ed Z
Too short, just up to 06- win mag. The Remington ones I think were the brittle ones.
 
IMG_7413.JPG
IMG_7416.JPG
IMG_7418.JPG
 
Too short, just up to 06- win mag. The Remington ones I think were the brittle ones.
All Remington 03's and 03A3's are what we call high number rifles ( good to go ), the only 'brittle' ones were made early on by Springfield and Rock Island.
All Rem and Smith Corona rifles are high number guns, and all Springfields after 800,000 SN and Rock Island after IIRC 285.000 or so.
 

Forum statistics

Threads
70,308
Messages
1,572,415
Members
169,565
Latest member
LoreneDand
 

 

 

Latest profile posts

K_P wrote on Buckleyguy12's profile.
Good morning from Montana.

I'm looking at a post from 2018 where you were looking for a lefty Winchester in .375 H&H Magnum. I'm selling mine. My email is kdp59935@gmail.com in the event that you're still searching for a unicorn.

Best,

Kelly Palmer
Gents, if you book and pay your deposit before the end of this year , you can have the bigger cull package for the 2026 price! https://www.africahunting.com/threa...griffiths-safaris-starting-at-us-2-560.96285/
I am currently in Northern Cape scouting a hunting area, we will have lots of amazing hunting opportunities for 2027! I will post updated available dates soon!
Azklmsr wrote on MANKAZANA SAFARIS's profile.
Good Evening. I am very interested in you hunt for the spiral slam. March in 2028 would be fine for me

Couple of quick questions:

1) Can we add some additional species on
2) what do you want for a deposit?
3) how do you want me to sign up

I'm on whats app or email

Kurt [redacted]

have a great evening
MHYOUNG 375 wrote on Marley7x57's profile.
If you really are interested I 'll send some pix. I have quiet a few.
 
Top