Curious about Euro Mount

Here in Denmark we have all kinds, the photos are mainly from our version of ebay.
dee98e7c-acf0-4766-919f-f05ddd056501.jpeg
Daahjort-28cm-kranie-paa-32-cm-hjorteplade-720x960-1.jpg
Opsatsen-fra-buk-614x1024.jpg
17f964f5-bd0f-4413-8df4-8a519524f880.jpeg
3659825b-38c7-4e86-9452-d41e903dc3bb.jpg

This picture was posted by Life Forms Taxidermy a sponsor here. My question is if there is a name understood by taxidermist for mounts.It’s not a typical full euro with most of the skull. It’s cut further into the skull leaving less bone which I kind of like.View attachment 458702

In this case the skull is too small and therefore visually a disharmony.

The taxidermist should have taken into account the size of the horns of the trophy. There are for an European mount three sizes of skull depending on the size of the horns or the antlers of the trophies; small skull size like this on the picture and big skull size with or without the teeth, like #8.

With the buffalo, the question is much less about which skull size you should choose. In most cases, the large skull is chosen with or without teeth, depending on the size and shape of the horns.

In this case, however, we have chosen the small skull because the horn of this old buffalo from West Africa was not very big.

IMG_0001 (11).jpeg

Scannen 22 (3).jpeg

It is important only in CIC system of deer trophy evaluation

Attachments

Attachments

Last edited:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SeanKeighl

Latest profile posts

EC HUNTING SAFARIS wrote on MarcoPani's profile.
Happy Birthday, from Grahamstown, South Africa.
I hope your day is great!
Cheers
Marius
EC HUNTING SAFARIS wrote on Ilkay Taskin's profile.
Happy Birthday from Grahamstown, South Africa! I hope you have a great day!
Cheers, Marius
idjeffp wrote on Jon R15's profile.
Hi Jon,
I saw your post for the .500 NE cases. Are these all brass or are they nickel plated? Hard for me to tell... sorry.
Thanks,
Jeff [redacted]
Boise, ID
[redacted]