Covid requirements

What makes you say this?
The momentum is swinging on the direction of ending restrictions. When European countries, which have been the most locked down, are ending restrictions more are to follow. I’ve been trying to decide on a DC trip that is coming up and restrictions are being lifted weekly.
As for RSA I’ve read that the tourism industry has been having meetings with the government to explain (as if they need to) how the restrictions are causing financial harm to the country. The flight mask mandate will end in March and word is from some airline employees that they believe it will not be extended.
Phil it’s a moving target and no one really knows but the momentum is on our side. Let’s hope, for the sake of our friends in the hunting industry, this all ends real soon.

I just did a quick search on Qatar and found their "Here's what you need" section to be extremely helpful and detailed. Fantastic. Here's to hoping that the world settles down and all of our plans can resume. I've lost trips in Canada and Argentina already. I've got a friend who can't get to Kamchatka for over 2 years now to chase bears. Many of you have similar (or worse) stories.
Thanks and yes let’s hope!

... I've got a friend who can't get to Kamchatka for over 2 years now to chase bears. Many of you have similar (or worse) stories.

I think he is out of luck for the near future.

The momentum is swinging on the direction of ending restrictions. When European countries, which have been the most locked down, are ending restrictions more are to follow. I’ve been trying to decide on a DC trip that is coming up and restrictions are being lifted weekly.
As for RSA I’ve read that the tourism industry has been having meetings with the government to explain (as if they need to) how the restrictions are causing financial harm to the country. The flight mask mandate will end in March and word is from some airline employees that they believe it will not be extended.
Phil it’s a moving target and no one really knows but the momentum is on our side. Let’s hope, for the sake of our friends in the hunting industry, this all ends real soon.
Agree, but this sometimes skeptical engineer can hear a colleagues words from years ago that hope is a good thing but not a strategy.

I think he is out of luck for the near future.
Yes he booked before Covid and still can’t get there. I would love to do a moose hunt there. What a mess. Nasty politics.

Agree, but this sometimes skeptical engineer can hear a colleagues words from years ago that hope is a good thing but not a strategy.
But it is a strategy. We are trying to get more hunters to Africa. A little optimism goes a long way. I am sure you read many posts here. Most are pessimistic. Too hard to take a rifle. Too many COVID regs. “I’ll wait a few years”. Everyone is scared of Africa in my circles. This is why I have scores of hunters going with me on safari now. Because I am the equalizer who gives them the confidence to actually go.

I SAY GO NOW!

I believe the US changed its Covid policy for return to the US on flights and now a "rapid test" is accepted? Still have to get one 24 hours before flight back though.

But it is a strategy. We are trying to get more hunters to Africa. A little optimism goes a long way. I am sure you read many posts here. Most are pessimistic. Too hard to take a rifle. Too many COVID regs. “I’ll wait a few years”. Everyone is scared of Africa in my circles. This is why I have scores of hunters going with me on safari now. Because I am the equalizer who gives them the confidence to actually go.

I SAY GO NOW!
I may be one of those who said, I’m taking my rifle. Not because it’s hard but because I don’t trust other people. I have no issues with borrowing a rifle from the outfitter, no fees btw.
I also started this thread about Covid. However, being afraid is not me. I am coming to SA June of 23.
This will be our first trip and I hate surprises. I, too, believe things will start changing for the better. If not and we need to juggle testing to depart the US, hunt, visit Vic Falls and then return, we will do it. And, we are excited.

Last edited:
Having made 2 trips to Africa in 2021, once to Cameroon and once to Zimbabwe, these regulations and masks are nothing more than a bump in the travel scenario. A giant, painful bump, but nothing that can't be overcome. But only if the countries allow you to even enter. As stated, you need the services of a qualified travel agent, and a bit of patience. The worst thing we as hunters can do is stop going, or "wait until it's over" The outfitters need us to continue, the animals need us to continue, and we need it for ourselves to continue. We can't fix the regs but we can still go. Does anybody remember when we could fly with our long guns in the overhead bin, and what a change we adapted to then? Sorry, rant over. Go and enjoy!!

There have been a lot of hunt specials I would like to take advantage of...good opportunities in lots of locations. Which African countries do not require Covid Vax?

I SAY GO NOW!

Airline tix booked last week for October.

So I guess that’s a ‘yes’ as long as they’re not driving into the US?

Straight into the Ocean and your all good.

I SAY GO NOW!
You are 100% correct, we went last summer and had another hunt of a lifetime. I stated in my report, good job I never headed all the scary warnings I got from members on here. I say just go, hunt and live.

Now if I could exit Canada I would be looking to go again. As you state, the world of scared sheeples are getting less, more are waking up and rules, vaccine mandates and all the BS are being reduced or fully stopped. Just a matter of time, and it will be safari time again.

MB

I SAY GO NOW!

Correct Philip
I went to South Africa last year. Whole month of June, 21 day safari. I had the best time of my life. Took my own rifles with no issues. Just proper planning and it was no big deal. Never worried about Covid or security. The Covid testing was the worst part.
2022 safari Starts in 78 days!! Another 21 day adventure!

Reentry to the US now requires a test within one day of departure.
Yeah, but its only a rapid test that is required. Results back in 15min. We are doing them on the way to the airport.

My PH said that the RAT is available at Tambo for return to the US...results within the hour.......FWB

Does anyone know if you have to enter Namibia through Windhoek still (this was the case last year) Or can you fly from Joberg straight to Walvis Bay and do customs and whatnot there?

First of all, I’m so tired of this crap as I’m sure most are.
And, travel requirements are starting to change so who knows what they will be at any given time other than at this moment.
At this moment is all I’m asking about.

We are planning a hunt in SA. At the end of the hunt we want to see Vic Falls. I am vaccinated and my wife is not. My outfitter, a local agent for the outfitter, has said my wife will need a negative Covid test to board the plane to SA, to go to Vic Falls and again to go back to SA for the flight home. He hasn’t said if I even though I’m vaccinated. It’s a question I will ask him next chance I get.
What can you guys tell me about this?
At this time a covid test will be required RSA to Zim and Zim to RSA. It is easy to get the Covid test in the Falls your results will be delivered to you place of residence later that day.

I should add (again at this time) vaccinated or not, both of you will require Negative Covid Tests results before departure.

Something different. If you get to Joberg airport, get tested and receive a POSITIVE test, Airport Hotel at the airport does a good job of locking you in the room and feeding you well, all for $150 Cnd per day, exact price Covid insurance paid. At least they did last Sept. Don't ask how I know this.

MB

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Badwdesdqsd

Latest profile posts

3 Wake Ups and South Africa Bound!
SETH RINGER wrote on Altitude sickness's profile.
I'LL TAKE THE BOOKS IF THEY ARE NOT SOLD. NO ?? ASKED
Hififile324 wrote on Charliehorse's profile.
Hi Charles, thanks for your interest in the .375 Ammo, Components and dies. Feel free to call or text [redacted]. Email [redacted]
Kudu2025 wrote on stk's profile.
I will take that Sako .375 if it is still available