Covid requirements

buckshot85

AH veteran
Reaction score
Hunting reports
Africa
Member of
NRA, GOA, CCRKBA,
First of all, I’m so tired of this crap as I’m sure most are.
And, travel requirements are starting to change so who knows what they will be at any given time other than at this moment.
At this moment is all I’m asking about.

We are planning a hunt in SA. At the end of the hunt we want to see Vic Falls. I am vaccinated and my wife is not. My outfitter, a local agent for the outfitter, has said my wife will need a negative Covid test to board the plane to SA, to go to Vic Falls and again to go back to SA for the flight home. He hasn’t said if I even though I’m vaccinated. It’s a question I will ask him next chance I get.
What can you guys tell me about this?

From what I understand right now at 12:50 pm on 02/27/2022 you both need a negative covid test to fly to South Africa, and you both need a negative covid test to fly back home.

Subject to change at 12:55 pm on 02/27/2022

Exactly what I wanted to hear and thank you.

I believe that the test have to happen within 72 hours of your flights if nothing has changed.

First we need to know what Country you are leaving from? Non vaxed Canadians cannot board a plane to leave Canada. Really sucks. Not sure about US residents.

MB

First we need to know what Country you are leaving from? Non vaxed Canadians cannot board a plane to leave Canada. Really sucks. Not sure about US residents.

MB
Can non vaxed Canadians DRIVE out of Canada? Just curious?

First of all, I’m so tired of this crap as I’m sure most are.
And, travel requirements are starting to change so who knows what they will be at any given time other than at this moment.
At this moment is all I’m asking about.

We are planning a hunt in SA. At the end of the hunt we want to see Vic Falls. I am vaccinated and my wife is not. My outfitter, a local agent for the outfitter, has said my wife will need a negative Covid test to board the plane to SA, to go to Vic Falls and again to go back to SA for the flight home. He hasn’t said if I even though I’m vaccinated. It’s a question I will ask him next chance I get.
What can you guys tell me about this?
Vaccine means nothing for RSA you have to test both ways. This will be changing by the time most of us travel later this year.
The best up to date resource I’ve found is Qatar’s website. Put in an itinerary and you can click on requirements.
PG

Use a good safari travel agent, they keep up to date and for the small fee they charge it is worth it, with all the flight changes and cancellations they are a blessing for you not to have to sweat the details.

Hey MB, if you're from BC aren't you automatically a Lib, NDP or Greenie? Sorry, just couldn't resist poking the bear LOL

What makes you say this?

There are strong talks that South Africa will be dropping the "State of Disaster" on 15 March. I'm hoping that they either scrap testing completely like many countries are now doing, or at least downgrade to a rapid test for entry.
Hoping that the masks go with it.

Masks are gone in Alberta as of tomorrow (caveat: still required on public transit and hospitals), proof of vaccine no longer required and restrictions on size of gathering removed, all as of March1.

am I sure hope So Africa ends the PCR test for entry in the next couple weeks, here in So Dakota they will try to have the test done in 72 hours. going to be pretty hard to get one done at 8am on a Wednesday and be at the hotel at the airport Friday night and have to be in the airport at 5:00 am Saturday morning

Vaccine means nothing for RSA you have to test both ways. This will be changing by the time most of us travel later this year.
The best up to date resource I’ve found is Qatar’s website. Put in an itinerary and you can click on requirements.
PG
I just did a quick search on Qatar and found their "Here's what you need" section to be extremely helpful and detailed. Fantastic. Here's to hoping that the world settles down and all of our plans can resume. I've lost trips in Canada and Argentina already. I've got a friend who can't get to Kamchatka for over 2 years now to chase bears. Many of you have similar (or worse) stories.

am I sure hope So Africa ends the PCR test for entry in the next couple weeks, here in So Dakota they will try to have the test done in 72 hours. going to be pretty hard to get one done at 8am on a Wednesday and be at the hotel at the airport Friday night and have to be in the airport at 5:00 am Saturday morning
Check for a testing site at your airport, if not a local airport try the one that you are flying to for your connection to South Africa.

For me here in Colorado my local regional airport does not have a testing station but the larger one in Denver does and it is past security so you don't have to go out and then back in. It cost but they do have it.

Reentry to the US now requires a test within one day of departure.

Check for a testing site at your airport, if not a local airport try the one that you are flying to for your connection to South Africa.

For me here in Colorado my local regional airport does not have a testing station but the larger one in Denver does and it is past security so you don't have to go out and then back in. It cost but they do have it.
I have to change planes in Denver but only have about 30 min, next is Newark but I do not know f either does it on a Sat and I do no think I want to take a chance of hoping to get it done between plane takeoffs

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SammyCerut

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

3 Wake Ups and South Africa Bound!
SETH RINGER wrote on Altitude sickness's profile.
I'LL TAKE THE BOOKS IF THEY ARE NOT SOLD. NO ?? ASKED
Hififile324 wrote on Charliehorse's profile.
Hi Charles, thanks for your interest in the .375 Ammo, Components and dies. Feel free to call or text [redacted]. Email [redacted]
Kudu2025 wrote on stk's profile.
I will take that Sako .375 if it is still available