COVID-19 Coronavirus UPDATES, BANS, CLOSURES, ADVISORY, etc.

trending.jpg

liberal_experts.jpg

44A218B1-4687-4753-AA42-FA5BF9C09EBB.jpeg

New York state announced Monday that it is using prison labor to produce its own hand sanitizer product in an effort to contain the spread of the deadly coronavirus.

“We are introducing New York State clean hand sanitizer, made conveniently by the state of New York,” said Gov. Andrew Cuomo (D) said in a press conference. Cuomo claimed that the sanitizer is superior to others because it contains 75 percent alcohol.

“To Purell, and Mr. Amazon and Mr. eBay, if you continue the price gouging, we will introduce our product, which is superior to your product,” said Cuomo. “And you don’t even have the floral bouquet, so stop price gouging.”

orcraft Products, operated by New York’s Department of Correctional Services, Division of Industries, is manufacturing the product and expects to pump out 100,000 gallons weekly.

The supplier’s mission, according to its website, is to “employ inmates in substantive jobs that help teach a good work ethic and valuable work skills, to help offset the cost of incarceration, to help reduce disruption in the prison environment and to meet expectations of New York State’s citizens.”

Cuomo also announced 37 new confirmed cases of the coronavirus in New York, sending the state’s total to 142.

On Saturday, Cuomo announced a state of emergency, allowing “expedited purchasing and expedited hiring” to combat the illness.

“Westchester is an obvious problem,” the governor told reporters. “We talk about contagion in clusters; clusters tend to infect more and more people.”

“We are [being] hypercautious,” he added.

I'm beginning to wonder just how much of this is lame scream media hype, govt propaganda, flu, hysterical panic, or fact. Every new story I hear or read is a little more sensational and the predictions more dire than the one before. Seems everyone is an expert and knows all there is to know about the situation and they all contradict each other. Reckon it's time to hide and watch.

I'm beginning to wonder just how much of this is lame scream media hype, govt propaganda, flu, hysterical panic, or fact. Every new story I hear or read is a little more sensational and the predictions more dire than the one before. Seems everyone is an expert and knows all there is to know about the situation and they all contradict each other. Reckon it's time to hide and watch.

Fk me.....who knows. ...all I have been trying to get across is the unbelievable damage/potential damage to small to medium sized businesses that dont have the liquidity to weather this...they will be fkd by this.....no customers. ..having to pay wages...taxes. ..loans....but yeah that's all hype and propaganda etc etc ..... unbelievable.... ..

Today, Italy put their entire country into quarantine and crushed their tourism for months, at least. Tourism accounts for 15% of their total GDP, they didn't set their house on fire for no reason. They are experiencing a significant health crisis, I hope we dodge that bullet.

Aw the hell with it.The world's going to end in twelve years anyway. :E Excited:

For those not risk averse it could result in a fortune if you have the means to buy cheap. My suspicion is that is what the brokers are doing.
I bought today.

This is insane. The damage we are doing the world economy is far greater than the health threat of the virus (to include greater pain and suffering - ask anyone in the travel industry or a bar owner in Italy) than the actual disease.

Last edited:
I retired the year before the “dot com” market wreck. Watched my portfolio the first year of retirement drop almost in half! Scary! Since then it has grown enough I feel I can weather this wreck as well.
Brother-in-law who just retired a couple of years ago called me in a panic this morning.
I believe the electronic trading is the cause of a lot of this mess. JMO
This too shall pass.

This could very easily produce a once in a generation buying opportunity.

I have several thousand in a regular savings earmarked to my 10 month old daughters college savings and have been waiting for a pull back like this. I opened a 529 plan tonight and will be periodically moving that money over the next few weeks.

I think we are underestimating this virus. I know I pushed it off earlier in this thread. We know it is 20x more lethal than the flu. Just in the past few days the President of the United States came into contact with at least 2 members of Congress who were exposed to it. The President is in at least 2 high risk categories - age and obesity and almost surely has undisclosed heart issues. With the election coming up, over half of Congress is over 60 and the Democratic nominees are in similar health categories - Sanders age/heart, Biden age.

I don't think the US is of the right economic or social structure to have a successful nationwide quarantine since our culture is go go go compared to other nations. In Saint Louis an exposed family put themselves in 14 day isolation and what did they do a couple days in --- went to the father/daughter dance at a school. Morons

For one generation, that was in '08, for the boomers it was '87, Black Monday when the Dow fell 25%. This pullback is peanuts compared to that and to think the Dow was then 2000, now 2x000. Having lived and endured the '87 crash, I laugh at all this bullshit panic selling. Two rules I've lived by in investing, don't fight the Fed and buy when there's blood in the streets. YMMV.

https://www.ccn.com/level-1-stock-market-shut-down-barely-scratches-1987s-black-monday/

Or...Selling opportunity...Gold Spot Price...Gold Price per Ounce $1,667.75

Sold about half of my gold coins first thing yesterday...This keeps up and Snowflake Africa hunters cancel = sell your gold and buy canceled hunts!!!

throat_spray.jpeg

Aw the hell with it.The world's going to end in twelve years anyway. :E Excited:

Giant asteroid apocalypse 13K years ago was witnessed by ancient humans, experts believe

The asteroid that hit Earth nearly 13,000 years ago and ended the Pleistocene era likely wiped out an ancient civilization in what is modern-day Syria, according to newly discovered evidence.
experts discovered remnants of glass that were created during a high-impact event, as well as minerals such as chromium, iron, nickel and others, all of which formed in temperatures higher than 2,200 degrees Celsius. To help with perspective, such high temperatures would completely melt an automobile in less than a minute.”

The discovery was made at a site known as Abu Hureyra, which was abandoned roughly 5,000 years ago.
The largest cometary debris clusters are proposed to be capable of causing thousands of airbursts within a span of minutes across one entire hemisphere of Earth."

An enormous crater, first discovered in 2015 but not officially verified until November 2018, left a 19-mile crater in Greenland and may have caused the disappearance of the Clovis people, a mysterious prehistoric group that vanished without a trace.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Thanpan

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

John Kirk wrote on Macduff's profile.
Great transaction on some 375 HH ammo super fast shipping great communication
akriet wrote on Tom Leoni's profile.
Hello Tom: I saw your post about having 11 Iphisi's for sale. I have been thinking about one. I am also located in Virginia. Do you have photos of the availables to share? My email is [redacted]

Thanks and regards,

Andy
Natural Bridge, Virginia