COVID-19 Coronavirus UPDATES, BANS, CLOSURES, ADVISORY, etc.

Cripes. There are literally thousands of pathogens named for the places they were first discovered.

Marburg virus
Spanish flu
German measles
Ebola (it's a rive in western Africa, unless my memory is fading)
St Louis encephalitis
Ross River virus.
WNV

And I'm only getting warmed up.
GREAT!
Cuddle up to these:
Lyme disease named after Lyme, Connecticut. (Not their fault it was first discovered here).
Mad Cow disease (offensive to the bovine family)
Avian flu (it's the birds' fault)
Zika virus, named for a forest in Uganda (blame that on the trees)
West Nile ( Damn Egyptians)

All of which are preferable to catching cat scratch fever from Ted Nugent.

All of which are preferable to catching cat scratch fever from Ted Nugent.
But if they have one thing in common.... its the fire down below. - Bob Seager lmao I think we can do this all day.

Anyone remember a kid in school who had "cooties"?

Anyone remember a kid in school who had "cooties"?
993DBF37-7B5A-431D-B6E1-41EDADEDD32E.jpeg

Seems like Australia is taking its head out of the sand and facing reality....or some are....

BBC News - Why has Australia switched tack on Covid zero?

Timing is everything.... :A Surrender:

Woodstock was held at Max Yasgur's dairy farm in Bethel, New York Aug. 15, 1969 – Aug. 18, 1969

Am J Public Health. 2020 May; 110(5): 669–676.

"Fifty Years of Influenza A(H3N2) Following the Pandemic of 1968
US influenza activity increased dramatically in October............. All 50 states experienced increased school absenteeism during the pandemic; 23 faced school and college closures and etc. ............"

Cripes. There are literally thousands of pathogens named for the places they were first discovered.

Marburg virus
Spanish flu
German measles
Ebola (it's a rive in western Africa, unless my memory is fading)
St Louis encephalitis
Ross River virus.
WNV

And I'm only getting warmed up.

Not so for Spanish flu

The first confirmed cases originated in the United States. Historian Alfred W. Crosby stated in 2003 that the flu originated in Kansas, and author John M. Barry described a January 1918 outbreak in Haskell County, Kansas, as the point of origin in his 2004 article.

fair enough, but the point still stands - there are literally thousands of pathogens named for the physical area where they were first observed.

“And how we burned in the camps later, thinking: What would things have been like if every Security operative, when he went out at night to make an arrest, had been uncertain whether he would return alive and had to say good-bye to his family? Or if, during periods of mass arrests, as for example in Leningrad, when they arrested a quarter of the entire city, people had not simply sat there in their lairs, paling with terror at every bang of the downstairs door and at every step on the staircase, but had understood they had nothing left to lose and had boldly set up in the downstairs hall an ambush of half a dozen people with axes, hammers, pokers, or whatever else was at hand?... The Organs would very quickly have suffered a shortage of officers and transport and, notwithstanding all of Stalin's thirst, the cursed machine would have ground to a halt! If...if...We didn't love freedom enough. And even more – we had no awareness of the real situation.... We purely and simply deserved everything that happened afterward.”

― Aleksandr I. Solzhenitsyn

I worry this day also approaches in the US.

So the U.S. had already been taken off. In plain English, can I go to London if I want? I didn't see the U.S. listed in the article.

So the U.S. had already been taken off. In plain English, can I go to London if I want? I didn't see the U.S. listed in the article.

Yes you can. You must be fully vaccinated and schedule a test within 72 hours of arrival.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
huntr bob

Latest profile posts

idjeffp wrote on Jon R15's profile.
Hi Jon,
I saw your post for the .500 NE cases. Are these all brass or are they nickel plated? Hard for me to tell... sorry.
Thanks,
Jeff [redacted]
Boise, ID
[redacted]
African Scenic Safaris is a Sustainable Tour Operator based in Moshi, Tanzania. Established in 2009 as a family business, the company is owned and operated entirely by locals who share the same passion for showing people the amazing country of Tanzania and providing a fantastic personalized service.
FDP wrote on dailordasailor's profile.
1200 for the 375 barrel and accessories?