Coupe De Grace magnum action: Any members have such an action?

Gert Odendaal

AH legend
Reaction score
Media
Articles
Hunting reports
Africa
Member of
SAJW
Good day to all members. I am in need of information. I have been told about this action/receiver that is available at a decent price .This action will definitely work for my .338 Imperial Magnum build project..the action is currently the only outstanding item I need to enable me to start the building process .
I want to permanently import this action direct from the company selling these actions.
I would like to hear from members who are using this action currently on a rifle .https://americanrifle.odoo.com/shop...ion-1747#attr=491,494,495,519,512,522,514,516

That is different. First I've heard of them. What barrel configuration (threads) are they set up for?
[15TSR2-378FL-PCBK] Coup De Grâce Bolt Action (Short, Right, 0.378_, Classic, 20 MOA [5.png

Ted is a brilliant engineer, slightly odd. The action is good, you are going to have to use a Remington 700 style trigger which is not the best in terms of reliability over a broad range of field conditions. Depending on the intent of the rifle that might be ok. Also the action is going to use a detachable AICS style magazine. Again nothing wrong with it, just so you are aware it isn’t going to be a conventional looking rifle you’d see used in Africa.

I built a 7 PRC using this action. Maybe I should a write up on the rifle. I had absolutely no issues with the action on my trip to South Africa. I paired it with a BixN Andy TacSport X 2 stage trigger. Those who say Rem 700 style triggers aren’t reliable haven’t used a BixN Andy trigger. I have not once had an issue with one and have put them through some rough conditions. With the pivoting bolt handle extraction on a magnum cartridge is very slick. With the adjustable trigger hanger you can dial in your sear engagement on the trigger. Fairly easy to do but I recommend watching some videos on YouTube for your first time. I use American Rifle Company Mausingfield action for my 338 Lapua and the Nucleus for my PRS competition rifle. I have not had any issues with American Rifle Company actions. Also I recommend using Blue Mountain Precision to do your barrels if you buy this action. If you send him a barrel or if they have a barrel in stock he can chamber it for you without needing the action and turn around is a few weeks. If you have any questions let me know.

Attachments

• IMG_4462.jpeg
    IMG_4462.jpeg
    3.2 MB · Views: 8
  • IMG_4638.jpeg
    IMG_4638.jpeg
    4.6 MB · Views: 10
  • IMG_4649.jpeg
    IMG_4649.jpeg
    3.2 MB · Views: 9
  • IMG_4677.jpeg
    IMG_4677.jpeg
    2.5 MB · Views: 7
Have a 6GT built on a short action.

I did not do the flutes on the bolt. It has been a reliable action this far. Have not put it through harsh conditions as of yet. They are well engineered. The pivoting bolt handle takes a little time to get the feel for it. After 500rds, it still doesn't feel natural.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ZemfirkaHab

Latest profile posts

Longfeather1 wrote on Cmwkwarrwn's profile.
Hello Clark
Thanks for the interest in my rifle. If you want to discuss it further you can email me direct at [redacted] or call my cell number [redacted].
Look forward to talking with you.
Regards,
Jack Kramer
quacker attacker wrote on JMV375's profile.
Hello, My wife and I hunted with Marius 2 years ago. He fit us into his schedule after a different outfitter "bailed" on us. He was always very good with communications and although we didn't end up meeting him personally, he called us multiple times during our hunt to make sure things were going well. We were very happy with him.
TERMINATOR wrote on Cuthberto's profile.
Reach out to the guys at Epic Outdoors.

They will steer you right for landowner tags and outfitters that have them.

I have held a membership with them for years and they are an invaluable resource.

Way better that asking random people on the internet...WAY better

Raskolnikov743 wrote on skydiver386's profile.
Skydiver386,

Did you ever find your 30-06 CZ550? I own a fairly solid conditioned one, if you wanted to talk.

[redacted]