Coordinating suppressor type & thread pitch for multiple countries

You are about to play with fire in my personal opinion. When you cut that much material off the end of your barrel it can flare open if the heat treating and stress relief are not correct. It's just a can of worms of things that could go wrong. Then you have the what if you drop the rifle and it land on the suppressor? With so little support you risk deformity. Just some factors to consider.
I might have missed something. Cutting barrel to 20” and threading and running a can would be dangerous because you could drop on can? Is that what you are saying?

The metal gets quite thin walled and a 6+ inch object screwed to it acts as a lever if dropped that can bend/deform/break the tip (with crown) of the barrel off.

I might just need to be careful or use a QD system.

Good afternoon,

I'm putting together a plan to hunt domestically (USA) with a suppressor for my blaser and when I go to Europe & Africa, buy (or rent?) one in-country while there so as not to bother with all the stupidity of our customs laws.
Also - I found this thread VERY informative:
Traveling with a suppressor

I would prefer to not work with an adapter but instead attach directly to the barrel threads.

Assuming I can get domestic can makers (and blaser barrel people or machinist vendors) to cut any thread pitch I want for my home-use can and barrel, I'm trying to determine what is the most common type of suppressor and thread pitch in Europe and Africa.

For example, if there is a high quality brand that is so ubiquitous in the USA, Europe, and Africa that I can just use the same one everywhere, that's a preferred option.
If that's too far of a fence to swing for, I'd be satisfied choosing a thread pitch for my barrel that works everywhere and I'll re-zero in-country with slight differences in suppressors.

Will be doing this for 300WM and 375H&H and I don't intend to attempt a can that will switch between calipers.
Thanks much for any insight or experience.
Would it be possible to have QD adapters from the suppressor manufacturer you are going to use, shipped to your gunsmith here in the States to be fitted to your barrels? Might have the best chance of good fit and concentricity that way.

Interesting idea but then I'd have to know what I'd use in country ahead of time

One thing I know about Africa if something can go wrong it will. What ever you decide keep it simple.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ConradFont

Latest profile posts

EC HUNTING SAFARIS wrote on MarcoPani's profile.
Happy Birthday, from Grahamstown, South Africa.
I hope your day is great!
Cheers
Marius
EC HUNTING SAFARIS wrote on Ilkay Taskin's profile.
Happy Birthday from Grahamstown, South Africa! I hope you have a great day!
Cheers, Marius
idjeffp wrote on Jon R15's profile.
Hi Jon,
I saw your post for the .500 NE cases. Are these all brass or are they nickel plated? Hard for me to tell... sorry.
Thanks,
Jeff [redacted]
Boise, ID
[redacted]