Concealed Carry

I'm worse than my wife and shoes...


- when I have to carry in my pocket - Ruger LCP (I've got the original, but I'm thinking about a Max)
- when deep concealment is not a concern, and I might be rough on it - Glock 19
- when I have to go to downtown Atlanta - Glock 17 with 2 spare mags
- when I'm wearing a jacket and don't have to be concerned with mobs - Kimber 1911
- Sunday Go To Meeting - Sig 365
- when in grizzly bear country - Glock 20
- when bush-hogging on a tractor - S&W 686 (3 with shotshells, 3 with JHP's) - sometimes, I need to shoot snakes
The LCP Max is incredible! That’s my pocket pistol and to have such a light pistol that still handles really well to have 13rds of 380acp is insane!!!
I love mine!
 
So.... I currently have two handguns that I regularly carry.

First is my S&W 500 4" that I carry fishing, rafting, hiking, anywhere that activities may include brown bears or moose with attitude and I am not actually hunting them. Use a chest holster or a belt holster depending on the activity. I Love the hand cannon and it serves its purpose, but it's not so good for "concealed carry". Anybody that is looking can see it from 50 yards away no matter how it's carried and it weighs a ton.

Next is my Beretta 92fs 9mm. Also love this gun. 15rd mags and easy to operate. I carry it every day anywhere activities may include people with attitude, in my vehicle, in my day pack, travels with me, and occasionally on my belt if hiking. It pretty much goes anywhere that I don't want to carry the .500. The downside is that it's also kinda big for real "concealed carry". And I don't really carry it as much as I want for that reason.

So... I am thinking that it's time to buy something that is more concealed carry friendly. That I can carry on my belt or in a shoulder holster under an over shirt without much fanfare. I am thinking a about a Derringer snake slayer 45lc (the one with the trigger guard) or maybe a smaller model Beretta 9mm. A good 1911 might be ok too, but I am thinking something smaller, maybe a small .38 revolver??

So the question is... What are you guys carrying, and how are you carrying it??? Recommendations??
If I can’t carry my Beretta M9A4 I usually go with a S&W 4013.
I find I can usually hide the Beretta in Appendix carry with an untucked dark T-shirt. If the S&W is too big I switch to a J Frame revolver with Tyler T Grip and a Barami Hip Grip. No holster with the J Frame.
 

Forum statistics

Threads
70,325
Messages
1,572,949
Members
169,660
Latest member
nikitawati
 

 

 

Latest profile posts

K_P wrote on Buckleyguy12's profile.
Good morning from Montana.

I'm looking at a post from 2018 where you were looking for a lefty Winchester in .375 H&H Magnum. I'm selling mine. My email is [redacted] in the event that you're still searching for a unicorn.

Best,

Kelly Palmer
Gents, if you book and pay your deposit before the end of this year , you can have the bigger cull package for the 2026 price! https://www.africahunting.com/threa...griffiths-safaris-starting-at-us-2-560.96285/
I am currently in Northern Cape scouting a hunting area, we will have lots of amazing hunting opportunities for 2027! I will post updated available dates soon!
Azklmsr wrote on MANKAZANA SAFARIS's profile.
Good Evening. I am very interested in you hunt for the spiral slam. March in 2028 would be fine for me

Couple of quick questions:

1) Can we add some additional species on
2) what do you want for a deposit?
3) how do you want me to sign up

I'm on whats app or email

Kurt [redacted]

have a great evening
MHYOUNG 375 wrote on Marley7x57's profile.
If you really are interested I 'll send some pix. I have quiet a few.
 
Top