Concealed Carry

I'm worse than my wife and shoes...

- when I have to carry in my pocket - Ruger LCP (I've got the original, but I'm thinking about a Max)
- when deep concealment is not a concern, and I might be rough on it - Glock 19
- when I have to go to downtown Atlanta - Glock 17 with 2 spare mags
- when I'm wearing a jacket and don't have to be concerned with mobs - Kimber 1911
- Sunday Go To Meeting - Sig 365
- when in grizzly bear country - Glock 20
- when bush-hogging on a tractor - S&W 686 (3 with shotshells, 3 with JHP's) - sometimes, I need to shoot snakes
The LCP Max is incredible! That’s my pocket pistol and to have such a light pistol that still handles really well to have 13rds of 380acp is insane!!!
I love mine!

So.... I currently have two handguns that I regularly carry.

First is my S&W 500 4" that I carry fishing, rafting, hiking, anywhere that activities may include brown bears or moose with attitude and I am not actually hunting them. Use a chest holster or a belt holster depending on the activity. I Love the hand cannon and it serves its purpose, but it's not so good for "concealed carry". Anybody that is looking can see it from 50 yards away no matter how it's carried and it weighs a ton.

Next is my Beretta 92fs 9mm. Also love this gun. 15rd mags and easy to operate. I carry it every day anywhere activities may include people with attitude, in my vehicle, in my day pack, travels with me, and occasionally on my belt if hiking. It pretty much goes anywhere that I don't want to carry the .500. The downside is that it's also kinda big for real "concealed carry". And I don't really carry it as much as I want for that reason.

So... I am thinking that it's time to buy something that is more concealed carry friendly. That I can carry on my belt or in a shoulder holster under an over shirt without much fanfare. I am thinking a about a Derringer snake slayer 45lc (the one with the trigger guard) or maybe a smaller model Beretta 9mm. A good 1911 might be ok too, but I am thinking something smaller, maybe a small .38 revolver??

So the question is... What are you guys carrying, and how are you carrying it??? Recommendations??
If I can’t carry my Beretta M9A4 I usually go with a S&W 4013.
I find I can usually hide the Beretta in Appendix carry with an untucked dark T-shirt. If the S&W is too big I switch to a J Frame revolver with Tyler T Grip and a Barami Hip Grip. No holster with the J Frame.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
TyroneCaza

Latest profile posts

1000009202.jpg
1000009102.jpg
1000008936.jpg
1000008850.jpg
1000008747.jpg
It's been a great Safari here in Zambia with Mbizi Safaris so far!! Heading out to the Kafue Flats tomorrow for Lechwe