Concealed Carry

If I can’t carry my Beretta M9A4G I switch to a couple of S&W 442’s.

I’m not a big guy but find appendix carry very comfortable and easy to conceal. The 442 with a Barami Hip Grip and a Tyler T-Grip makes a great addition to the 442 on my ankle.

Another option, if the Beretta is hard to hide, is a third generation S&W bottom feeder. The Model 39 variants are single stack. I usually just throw on the 4” N frame, .41 Magnum, and don’t worry about it.

No matter what you are carrying the right belt and holster will play an important role in your concealability.

I carry a S&W shield plus in 9 mm absolutely love it. Easy and comfortable. Wife carries a ruger LCP max in .380 ACP. I do pocket carry it sometimes too

I recently picked up something smaller. I bought a Diamondback 380 Generation IV. I read spotty reviews on some earlier iterations, but better things on the newest. I only have a few hundred rounds through mine but so far so good. And it is soooo freaking light. I carry it in a spandex vest under my hoodie or shirt. It doesn't print at all, even with a t-shirt.

I have others but I am giving this a go for the moment.

I retired my S&W Airweight J-Frame (M38) about 3 months ago and switched to a SIG P365 9mm. Still pocket carry and it does well in 511s.

Ruger Speed Six 357 mag.

8a53b625-7188-4b6c-8180-c2ebc0fe4f89.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
Ruger Speed Six 357 mag.
I’ve always regarded this particular revolver to be one of the very best concealed carry handguns the world has ever seen.
It is a Crying Shame that so few were made and that it was discontinued decades ago.

Yah, a 3" Speed Six is better than 87% of what you see peoples carrying.
Better than what I do, that's for sure. :(

I carry the new Colt King Cobra 3” and find it to be excellent. I have no experiance with the Ruger Speed Six but have a Ruger GP100 Match 4.2” and it is superb.

I have recently given friends advice that seems to be working, get something you will carry even if you feel lazy and dont want to carry.
When I feel the threat in the air I load up with real guns but more often than not I make do with a 38 in the pocket or some other cop out.
I've bought a GLock 43 for these days and suggested friends do the same, they are carrying more now.

So.... I currently have two handguns that I regularly carry.

First is my S&W 500 4" that I carry fishing, rafting, hiking, anywhere that activities may include brown bears or moose with attitude and I am not actually hunting them. Use a chest holster or a belt holster depending on the activity. I Love the hand cannon and it serves its purpose, but it's not so good for "concealed carry". Anybody that is looking can see it from 50 yards away no matter how it's carried and it weighs a ton.

Next is my Beretta 92fs 9mm. Also love this gun. 15rd mags and easy to operate. I carry it every day anywhere activities may include people with attitude, in my vehicle, in my day pack, travels with me, and occasionally on my belt if hiking. It pretty much goes anywhere that I don't want to carry the .500. The downside is that it's also kinda big for real "concealed carry". And I don't really carry it as much as I want for that reason.

So... I am thinking that it's time to buy something that is more concealed carry friendly. That I can carry on my belt or in a shoulder holster under an over shirt without much fanfare. I am thinking a about a Derringer snake slayer 45lc (the one with the trigger guard) or maybe a smaller model Beretta 9mm. A good 1911 might be ok too, but I am thinking something smaller, maybe a small .38 revolver??

So the question is... What are you guys carrying, and how are you carrying it??? Recommendations??
I have been carrying A Ruger SP101 357 mag as my everyday carry gun for about 25 years now. Great revolver, obviously I would bet my life on it. A Milt Sparks summer special IWB holster is what I normally carry it in. Good luck with your choice!

When a concealed weapon did no good. My wife and I owned and operated a very busy popular nightclub for 45 years. One night on a slow night during the week we had just closed and were cleaning up about 2:30am when I here a shot coming from the parking lot. I grab my S&W model 49 loaded with +P 38s, stuck it in my jacket pocket, and head for the door. A big guy had a smaller guy pinned to the hood of a car and had a gun to his head, a girl was trying to get the big guy to let the other guy go. What could I do, no cover and if I yelled and took fire, I couldn’t shoot back because of the girl and the little guy. After what seemed like eternity, the big guy let the little guy go. He started walking to his car and I was really relived, he opened the car door and instead of leaving reached under the seat., he turned around and started firing, the big guy returned fire, then went down. He was shot with a 25ACP, it went between the ribs and into the aorta above the heart, He dyed in a minute or so. To this day, I don’t know how I could have stopped the gun fight between two guys, no cover, perhaps I might have had to shoot one or the other.
True story.
Mike

Ruger LCP MAX!!! 13rds of 380 in a pocket pistol that feels lighter that the ammo alone!!!
Not only this but it’s an actual hammer fired pistol with a articulating barrel so it doesn’t kick as much as pinned 380s!
Best pocket pistol made!

LCP MX
M37
Pocket Holsters

Now we talking.
Lovely, the lazier the better. Real guns that wont be left at home.

I have a lovely little M37 with a bobbed hammer I sometimes carry in a De Santis Nemesis.

+ 1 on the Glock. I'm definitely a connoisseur of quality but for the practical, the price and reliability. A Glock pistol in my opinion is the standard.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
fdas320

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

rigby 416 wrote on rifletuner's profile.
Come from cz like that.
John A Flaws wrote on Horbs's profile.
500 schuler magazine.jpg
500 schuler bore.jpg
500 and 425 rifles.jpg
500 and 425 magaizne.jpg
cwpayton wrote on Goat416's profile.
Goat416 welcome to the forum ,youve got some great pics and Im sure trophy's
ghay wrote on professor's profile.
Hello,
Would you consider selling just the Barnes 235's and 250g TTSX's?
Hunt27 wrote on Tra3's profile.
Spain, i booked through a consultant, i book almost everything through him now and he's done me right. his contact 724 986 7206 if interested and he will have more info to share,