www.tokoloshesafaris.info
Deals & offers
Media
Articles
Member of
Life Member Safari International, Life Members Dallas Safari Club
Hunted
Zimbabwe, South Africa, Tanzania
This means little, but I looked at cost of Mc Donald happy meal in Calif. about $6.00 in South Africa about $2.00.

I just wanted to compare some food price. Beer and liquor much cheaper.

Lon

This means little, but I looked at cost of Mc Donald happy meal in Calif. about $6.00 in South Africa about $2.00.

Lon

That is true, but the cost to get to SA is the killer.

I just might have to schedule a hunt just so that I can get a cheaper happy meal.

We know where most of added cost comes from “minimum wage labor.

Like you said it is a long ways to fly to save $4.00. I would recommend you bring a friend. Save $8.00. Then go hunting.

Lon

We know where most of added cost comes from “minimum wage labor.

Like you said it is a long ways to fly to save $4.00. I would recommend you bring a friend. Save $8.00. Then go hunting.

Lon

I'll make the sacrifice and be the tag-a-long even buy breakfast.:ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:

Have a bud who moved to California a few years ago. Said he was going to make double. He moved back after his one year lease was up. There's a reason taxpayers are leaving the state. The irony is they bring their fkd up taxaholic, liberal way of thinking with them.

It is unbelievable the added costs in the USA when you visit a pub for a burger and fries. In RSA or Zim prices are still reasonable for anyone earning and using the US dollar.

In Zim most PHs furnish there own equipment and make about $250.00. A good tracker $25.00. Both work about a 12hr.+ day. A fast food worker in th US working a 12 hr. day. My Dr. will come and spend 2 or 3 days when askef how much we owe him including prescription and medical supplies. We give him anywhere
$500.00 to $ 1,000.00 you would have thought we bought him a new car.

Appreciate the labor costs in parts of africa, I know I do. Or just till me to piss off.

Lon

I wonder what the cost comparison of fuel looks like. . .

I think my filet dinner at Africa Sky cost me 1/4 of what it would in the US after conversion. I have a receipt somewhere. Food prices overall were fantastic. I think the most expensive place I ate was in OR Tambo.

I noticed that physical goods (especially imports) seemed pricey or on par with US. The paradox reminds me of Mexico. Food and labor cheap, but goods and fuel are pricey (especially tech goods). TV’s in Mexico are way more expensive than in the US.

The exchange rates favor us heavily though. Getting $1k in Rand made me feel like a damned drug dealer. Most paranoid I have ever been.

IMG_9918.jpeg

IMG_9919.jpeg

Been going down google rabbit holes for awhile now. The article in the second photo explains the rising cost of food for South Africans and why fuel not so much-
Lots of variables to include in prices of McDonald’s “food” or USA fuel vs. South Africa port cities, inland cities, proximity to refineries etc.
We will be there in 2025 but not eating at McDonald unless they serve eland!

Last edited:

Lon
Lon I wonder if grocery prices have the same percentage spread? That happy meal includes a very labor cost in Comifornia.

Our food prices are heavily effected by diesel fuel and labor costs. Although farm gate prices are generally up from where they were, I don't think they are currently up anywhere near as much as end product prices to the consumer as those final prices include considerable processing, transportation, and profit by many companies between the farmer and consumers.

It is really great to see you posting random things like this;) My hope is that this means you are feeling better!

BOSTON (AP) — Drivers for Uber (UBER) and Lyft (LYFT) will earn a minimum pay standard of $32.50 per hour under a settlement announced Thursday by Massachusetts Attorney General Andrea Campbell, in a deal that also includes a suite of benefits and protections.

The two companies will also be required to pay a combined $175 million to the state to resolve allegations that the companies violated Massachusetts wage and hour laws, a substantial majority of which will be distributed to current and former drivers.

In Phoenix Phils’ current report he mentions the breakfast buffet in City Lodge costing about $10. I remember this as being a good buffet and at that price exceptional.
Try getting a buffet breakfast in the states for that same price! Especially if you must take an uber to the restaurant !

It is not just South Africa. In Spain a long the Camino de Santiago route, a 3 course meal with a bottle of wine varies between 12 and 20!euros, tax and tip included.

BOSTON (AP) — Drivers for Uber (UBER) and Lyft (LYFT) will earn a minimum pay standard of $32.50 per hour under a settlement announced Thursday by Massachusetts Attorney General Andrea Campbell, in a deal that also includes a suite of benefits and protections.

The two companies will also be required to pay a combined $175 million to the state to resolve allegations that the companies violated Massachusetts wage and hour laws, a substantial majority of which will be distributed to current and former drivers.

Aren’t Uber drivers essentially independent contractors? How does a minimum wage or benefits remotely apply to them?

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MichalPres

Latest profile posts

overunderranger wrote on Stamp Collector's profile.
I'm interested in the 28 gauge Ruger, if you still have it.
Tanner wrote on gearguywb's profile.
I’m blown away the rifle hasn’t sold. I will take it!
wolfhunter wrote on Mark haynes's profile.
I hunted with you a couple years back speedy goat with Don Lynch call me
I've been hunting and shooting all my life in So Cal. Luckily, I've passed it on to my son who does his thing on the East coast except when we get together for some outdoor activities. I shoot just about anything that goes bang including rifle, shotgun and muzzleloaders. I've scratch-built several flint rifles and a couple of pistols and rebuilt several old muzzlestuffers for friends.