Collecting the tiny ten

Not sure if they still do but you may be able to work something out.
Marromeu Safaris
Troy Ginn, Jennifer Ginns father in law from @TRAVEL EXPRESS is their booking agent (as of 2 years ago) I have lost some contact with them when my old friend Paul Fierra passed away.

What outfitter/outfitters PHs offering that?
There’s a couple that are offering a possible package like that or if you do the math yourself get close as pricing has gone up a little bit. Zambezi Delta (Mark Haldane), Mashamabzou (Grant Taylor), Marromeu among others.

Just saw @Hunt anything and I were typing similar responses at the same time.

What was your cape grysbok and red duiker hunts like?
Red Duiker was stalking in the sand forests and cape Grysbuck was a spotlight hunt.

Is that the pineapple farmer close to Port Alfred with his little Jack Russels? I forgot his name, but he was entertaining...
Mr robert on the left
FB_IMG_1724022755982.jpg

I've completed the South African Tiny 10 but find the original list more difficult as it typically requires travel and hunting to three different countries: RSA, Namibia (for Damara dik dik) and Mozambique or another country (for Suni, Sharpes grysbok and/or Oribi).

To date, I've got 7 out of the 10 and need the Damara dik dik (albiet, I did get a Kirk's Dik Dik in Tanzania), Sharpes grysbok and Suni.

Based on my experience and assuming one is willing to travel to the three countries, I would rank the Suni as being the most difficult to get, followed by Sharpes grysbok and then Blue duiker. The Suni is extremely wary and can duck into tight cover quite easily. By the time the PH determines if it's a male, often it disappears. Stalking it requires that the known small areas and trails where one has been seen are swept free of tree litter and branches so that a silent stalk can be made. Perhaps in other areas, they can be seen from the road and hop off to try to shoot, but where I was at in Mozambique, it was foot travel only.

Overall, the Steenbok and Gray (Common) duiker are the easiest to get so one could hold on to get larger or better trophies if they can.

The Blue duiker I hunted was with dogs and a shotgun pass shooting, so was quite exciting and intense in the East Cape of RSA. The pair was like a little blue blur running by heading for cover ahead of the dogs.

The Cape grysbok was hunted at night at the same location as the Blue Duiker. The concession was near the coast and close to Port Elizabeth, called Grass Ridge. I hunted with Induna Safaris near Kleinspoort in the Eastern Cape and was able to get the Blue duiker and Cape grysbok at Grass Ridge in the one day.

IMG_4826.JPG
IMG_4783.jpg
DGRH0894.JPG
RRWO0183.JPG
IIIM4066.JPG
IMG_4805.jpeg

Last edited by a moderator:
I've completed the South African Tiny 10 but find the original list more difficult as it typically requires travel and hunting to three different countries: RSA, Namibia (for Damara dik dik) and Mozambique or another country (for Suni, Sharpes grysbok and/or Oribi).

To date, I've got 7 out of the 10 and need the Damara dik dik (albiet, I did get a Kirk's Dik Dik in Tanzania), Sharpes grysbok and Suni.

Based on my experience and assuming one is willing to travel to the three countries, I would rank the Suni as being the most difficult to get, followed by Sharpes grysbok and then Blue duiker. The Suni is extremely wary and can duck into tight cover quite easily. By the time the PH determines if it's a male, often it disappears. Stalking it requires that the known small areas and trails where one has been seen are swept free of tree litter and branches so that a silent stalk can be made. Perhaps in other areas, they can be seen from the road and hop off to try to shoot, but where I was at in Mozambique, it was foot travel only.

Overall, the Steenbok and Gray (Common) duiker are the easiest to get so one could hold on to get larger or better trophies if they can.

The Blue duiker I hunted was with dogs and a shotgun pass shooting, so was quite exciting and intense in the East Cape of RSA. The pair was like a little blue blur running by heading for cover ahead of the dogs.

The Cape grysbok was hunted at night at the same location as the Blue Duiker. The concession was near the coast and close to Port Elizabeth, called Grass Ridge. I hunted with Induna Safaris near Kleinspoort in the Eastern Cape and was able to get the Blue duiker and Cape grysbok at Grass Ridge in the one day.
Nice trophies.
I sent you a pm asking a question.

Kind regards!

I'm doing the Tiny 10

Here you go. 6 mins in

It’s actually
@Philip Glass safari from his own YouTube channel.

As soon as I saw it it reminded me of you describing the dog man shouting and cursing with enthusiasm! I hope to hunt with him for a blue. Looks like and awesome hunt with a cool old dog man.
That looks like Uncle Rob. If so, I shot my blue duiker with him last summer (2023). He's a character. Gave me a lot of grief for my first two misses but was thrilled and congratulatory when my 3rd opportunity was right on target.

I'm doing the "actual" Tiny 10. So far I have Blue Duiker, Common Duiker, Steenbok, and Klipspringer. In 2025 I have a Moz hunt which includes Oribi, Red Duiker, and Suni. Still working on arranging Cape Grysbok, Sharpe's Grysbok, and the dik dik.

I'm doing the Tiny 10

That looks like Uncle Rob. If so, I shot my blue duiker with him last summer (2023). He's a character. Gave me a lot of grief for my first two misses but was thrilled and congratulatory when my 3rd opportunity was right on target.
I'm doing the "actual" Tiny 10. So far I have Blue Duiker, Common Duiker, Steenbok, and Klipspringer. In 2025 I have a Moz hunt which includes Oribi, Red Duiker, and Suni. Still working on arranging Cape Grysbok, Sharpe's Grysbok, and the dik dik.
Good luck. Did you try hunting cape grysbok on your 2023 hunt? I missed one blue duiker before connecting. They are fast! Makes you wonder how many blue duikers him and his dogs have been apart of.

I've been very slow to work on my T10 but haven't encountered them that often. I've passed up some steenbok and some klippies but nothing above average in quality. I was fortunate to take this incredible 6" grey duiker in Zim last year.

View attachment 625894

What I'm interested in is what guns you have purposefully taken for T10? There are many taken with solids and the regular hunting rifle...often 375 or larger...while hunting DG. I get that. What about taking something to focus specifically on some T10? I have a 22 Hornet barrel arriving today for my Blaser K95. I will be taking that in Oct/Nov for klippie, cape grysbok, steenbok and red duiker...and a 416 for buff.
I think the perfect Tiny ten rifle would be a Blaser BD14 22Hornet/6.5×57R/20ga.......short accurate and all 3 barrels on the same gun at the same time......
From blue duiker any of the othe duikers all the way to the mountain species you are covered......

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ErickaVang

Latest profile posts

Ryanelson wrote on Flipper Dude's profile.
I wanted to know if you minded answering a dew questions on 45-70 in africa
Ryanelson wrote on Sturgeondrjb's profile.
I wanted to know if you minded answering a dew questions on 45-70 in africa
HerbJohnson wrote on Triathlete3's profile.
If you have an email, I would love to be able to chat with you about J.P.H. Prohunt. My email address is [redacted]. Thanks.
Another Wildebees cull shot this morning!
We are doing a cull hunt this week!