Collecting the tiny ten

I am on 3 of the tten so far:

Common Duiker, Red duiker and Steenbuck

20220702-164138.jpg

9.jpg

21.jpg

I have hunted mounatina reedbuck before but that trophy is lost so need to get another but I suspect next small one will be Klipspringer or the vaal rheebuck.

I love the look of all of them but the red and blue duikers are special...and the dik dik.

Last edited:
I passed on a lot of grysbok on my most recent hunt. I gave some thought to how many would wish for the opportunity. The tiny 10 is just something that’s never interested me. I passed on red duiker in Cameroon as well. A klipspringer is one of the few animals I will never take, I’d rather watch them. No objection to someone else hunting them though.
IMG_5722.jpeg

I passed on a lot of grysbok on my most recent hunt. I gave some thought to how many would wish for the opportunity. The tiny 10 is just something that’s never interested me. I passed on red duiker in Cameroon as well. A klipspringer is one of the few animals I will never take, I’d rather watch them. No objection to someone else hunting them though.
View attachment 625905
Wow, Different stoked for different folks!

How did yall come across the red duiker in CAM?

I assume yall weren’t calling as you weren’t interested in taking a jungle tiny

Two Safaris in, both in the Eastern Cape. In 2022, harvested Steenbok which began the obsession of the tiny ten. Also shot Common Duiker and Mountain Reedbuck. In 2024, shot Blue Duiker, Cape Grysbok, Klipspringer, Oribi, and Vaal Rhebuck. Used 300 Win Mag, 243, and 222. Plan to go to Natal in 25 or 26 for Red Duiker, Suni, and hopefully Sharpes Grysbok. A future trip to Namibia for the Damari Dik Dik should finish the 12. Have done full body mounts on all! Very unique species and very fun to hunt. Many different hunting techniques and concessions are usually needed.

I've heard that suni are tough to find in SA...thus the phrase, going loony looking for a suni. I've never seen one in the wild.

Two Safaris in, both in the Eastern Cape. In 2022, harvested Steenbok which began the obsession of the tiny ten. Also shot Common Duiker and Mountain Reedbuck. In 2024, shot Blue Duiker, Cape Grysbok, Klipspringer, Oribi, and Vaal Rhebuck. Used 300 Win Mag, 243, and 222. Plan to go to Natal in 25 or 26 for Red Duiker, Suni, and hopefully Sharpes Grysbok. A future trip to Namibia for the Damari Dik Dik should finish the 12. Have done full body mounts on all! Very unique species and very fun to hunt. Many different hunting techniques and concessions are usually needed.
Can we see the taxidermy?

Wow, Different stoked for different folks!

How did yall come across the red duiker in CAM?

I assume yall weren’t calling as you weren’t interested in taking a jungle tiny
The grass was burnt so you would just see them while hunting other game. Particularly along rivers and areas with thicker brush.

Attachments

• Cape Grey Duiker.jpeg
    Cape Grey Duiker.jpeg
    137.1 KB · Views: 5
  • Cape Mountain Reedbuck.jpeg
    Cape Mountain Reedbuck.jpeg
    191.1 KB · Views: 5
  • Steenbok.jpeg
    Steenbok.jpeg
    160.5 KB · Views: 6
  • IMG_3706.jpg
    IMG_3706.jpg
    105.5 KB · Views: 6

Attachments

• Blue Duiker 2.jpg
    Blue Duiker 2.jpg
    119.6 KB · Views: 4
  • Cape Grysbok.jpg
    Cape Grysbok.jpg
    83.9 KB · Views: 4
  • Klipspringer.jpg
    Klipspringer.jpg
    113.3 KB · Views: 5
  • Oribi.jpg
    Oribi.jpg
    95.6 KB · Views: 5
  • Vaal Rhebuck.jpg
    Vaal Rhebuck.jpg
    111.5 KB · Views: 4
There seems to be at least 2 lists of T10…one for South Africa and one for southern Africa. Peter Flack (who popularized the T10) clearly talks about this, although I have even had PHs disagree with me on this. Any thoughts on being more than one list?

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sdeyoung

Latest profile posts

1000009202.jpg
1000009102.jpg
1000008936.jpg
1000008850.jpg
1000008747.jpg
It's been a great Safari here in Zambia with Mbizi Safaris so far!! Heading out to the Kafue Flats tomorrow for Lechwe