Collecting the tiny ten

Moe324

AH veteran
Reaction score
Media
Hunting reports
Africa
Would love to hear how everyone's Tiny Ten hunting went/ is going? How many people are doing the actual tiny ten and how many are doing the South African tiny ten? Would love to here more stories about hunting the harder ones of the tiny ten. Where and with who did you hunt them? I think the 3 easy ones are of course the steenbok, common duiker, and klipspringer. I was lucky to take those all last year in Limpopo. Added a blue duiker this year in the eastern cape. Really looking forward to hunting the others. I really think those little free ranging guys are the real trophy's of Africa.

Last edited by a moderator:
My klipspringer
FB_IMG_1723433558817.jpg

What do you consider the actual tiny 10.

Few list out there! Your blue duiker hunt seemed awesome! Just saw a YouTube video of the man you hunted with. He yelled and shouted just like you described haha!

Few list out there! Your blue duiker hunt seemed awesome! Just saw a YouTube video of the man you hunted with. He yelled and shouted just like you described haha!
The list I saw first was klipspringer, common duiker, steenbok, blue duiker, red duiker, oribi, cape grysbok, suni, Sharpe's grysbok, and the dik dik.

The South Africa tiny ten replaced the dik dik and suni for a mountain reedbuck and vaal rhebuck.

If you can send me the link. Yes Mr. Robert and his dogs were great!

Here you go. 6 mins in

It’s actually
@Philip Glass safari from his own YouTube channel.

As soon as I saw it it reminded me of you describing the dog man shouting and cursing with enthusiasm! I hope to hunt with him for a blue. Looks like and awesome hunt with a cool old dog man.

So far I have been lucky to take -
Mountain Reed Buck in 2019.
Common Duiker in 2022.
Steenbok in 2024.
Oribi in 2024.
Vaal Ryebuck ( South Africa). In 2024.
Klipspringer in 2024.
I believe the remaining ones will be quite challenging.

Would love to hear how everyone's Tiny Ten hunting went/ is going? How many people are doing the actual tiny ten and how many are doing the South African tiny ten? Would love to here more stories about hunting the harder ones of the tiny ten. Where and with who did you hunt them? I think the 3 easy ones are of course the steenbok, common duiker, and klipspringer. I was lucky to take those all last year in Limpopo. Added a blue duiker this year in the eastern cape. Really looking forward to hunting the others. I really think those little free ranging guys are the real trophy's of Africa.
Wow. Mine would be a very long story. I finally got number 9 after 5 safaris in Zim. I just need the little Suni.

IMG_5857.jpeg

Last edited by a moderator:
I’ve written of this before, my biggest hunting regret is not pursuing the TT earlier. I’ve been able to take a common duiker, steenbok and klipspringer.
On my very first safari I had opportunities to shoot red and blue duiker, oribi, suni and Sharpes grysbok but at that time I only had eyes for the big stuff, first safari was in Mozambique and I got buffalo, sable, warthog, nyala, chobe bushbuck and Lichtenstein hartebeest.Back then the TT was much more affordable than they are now. I’ve seen Sharpes for as much as $3500, I’m still going to pick away at it but not sure if I’ll ever get to Namibia for a dik-dik.

The tiny ten are a great set of hunts.
Common Diker 2013
Klipspringer 2018
Steenbok 2018
Damara dik dik 2021
Blue Diker 2021
Cape Grysbok 2022
Oribi 2022

Have the last three Sunni, sharps grysbok, red diker on the list for the Mozambique safari coming up in under 3 weeks.

Also have
Moutain reedbuck 2018
Vaal Rehbok 2021

I am not working on the Tiny Ten but love hunting these tiny guys. I have hunted a few in Limpopo and will hunt Dik Dik on my next trip.

My dream would be to hunt the duikers in central Africa while on a Bongo/LDE hunt. Someday!

I've been very slow to work on my T10 but haven't encountered them that often. I've passed up some steenbok and some klippies but nothing above average in quality. I was fortunate to take this incredible 6" grey duiker in Zim last year.

IMG_0560.jpeg

What I'm interested in is what guns you have purposefully taken for T10? There are many taken with solids and the regular hunting rifle...often 375 or larger...while hunting DG. I get that. What about taking something to focus specifically on some T10? I have a 22 Hornet barrel arriving today for my Blaser K95. I will be taking that in Oct/Nov for klippie, cape grysbok, steenbok and red duiker...and a 416 for buff.

I only became interested in them fairly late, though I did take a steenbock on my first safari in Namibia. I have taken him, common duiker, oribi, red duiker, suni, and blue duiker. The most demanding was by far a blue duiker. I had tried for one over three safaris in both Mozambique and Zambia. I made it difficult by being determined to take a male with a rifle without the use of dogs, shotgun, or a vehicle. Thanks to Andrew Baldry, @PeteG and @spike.t it finally came together at sundown in the thick stuff in Zambia. He is exceptional.

blue duiker2.jpeg

I enjoy hunting the Tiny 10. I have 8 of the 10 and have hunted them in Namibia, Zimbabwe, and RSA (Limpopo, Northwest, Free State, Eastern Cape, and Northern Cape). I’m missing Suni & Red Duiker and am presently planning a hunt to Mozambique to hunt them.

I also have a Mountain Reedbuck that I shot with Jeff and Rob in the Eastern Cape. Was kinda a funny story that got Rob going.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MaricelaSo

Latest profile posts

1000009202.jpg
1000009102.jpg
1000008936.jpg
1000008850.jpg
1000008747.jpg
It's been a great Safari here in Zambia with Mbizi Safaris so far!! Heading out to the Kafue Flats tomorrow for Lechwe