Collecting all the North America waterfowl

FB_IMG_1726883940291.jpg

Nice artistry. I have 35 of the 41. I haven’t chased any the last 2-3 years.

Tree ducks, mottled, greater scaup, harlequin and king eider. I lived in Alaska for years but never close to the kings.

Exceptional mounts @Moe324! Your favorite studio did a drake bufflehead and sharptail for me. Incredible how many mounts they cram in their workspace. Congrats on your quest!

Very very cool! I have hopes to mount male and female pairs the same as you in the future. My brother is working his way to completing the North American, I believe he’s at 23. He went to Mexico this last spring to get cinnamon teal.

Too notch taxidermy work as well! Congrats

I love bird taxidermy and have been collecting the north American waterfowl. I hope to some day figure out a way to bring African waterfowl over to have mounted by my bird taxidermist. I use fallen feathers studio in Oregon Ohio. View attachment 635482
Please add the species to the pictures. Very nice taxidermy!

Been shooting waterfowl since I killed my first blue winged teal when I was 8, I’ve shot every legal species except king eider, Barrow’s goldeneye and fulvous whistling duck, have all mounted except a hooded merganser. Shot a boat load but just never had one mounted.
@Moe324 those are outstanding mounts and collection and would love to see how you have them arranged in your trophy room/house.

Very very cool! I have hopes to mount male and female pairs the same as you in the future. My brother is working his way to completing the North American, I believe he’s at 23. He went to Mexico this last spring to get cinnamon teal.

Too notch taxidermy work as well! Congrats
@Stetsonham: I assume your Brother had to have the Taxidermy work done IN Mexico or had the duck brought into the US some-other-way? U.S. Customs decided 10 years ago (for some reason) Not to allow them to cross the border but I “think” bird taxidermy is allowed to cross. Risky allowing your bird taxidermy to be done in Mexico - hard enough to find a good bird Taxidermist in the US….but what other choice would you have ? I hunted Mexico for Ducks once - never saw a Cinnimon Teal, didn’t get the duck numbers we expected and far lower numbers then friends that went 5 years earlier. I had a great time but would Not go back —- our Guide had his truck “car jacked” at gunpoint while he was driving us back to the US Border - no one was hurt but it reinforced what a Mess Mexico is

Congratulations on your amazing collection @Moe324, the taxidermy is excellent.

I was a taxidermist and dreamed of doing all of the waterfowl in NA but never got it done. Later, I decided to hunt them all. Sadly, I never connected on the Alaska species. Thanks for sharing.

I was a taxidermist and dreamed of doing all of the waterfowl in NA but never got it done. Later, I decided to hunt them all. Sadly, I never connected on the Alaska species. Thanks for sharing.
Just saw a cancelation for king eider and Harli on St Paul island Alaska for week after Christmas, so it's not too late to chase them.

@Stetsonham: I assume your Brother had to have the Taxidermy work done IN Mexico or had the duck brought into the US some-other-way? U.S. Customs decided 10 years ago (for some reason) Not to allow them to cross the border but I “think” bird taxidermy is allowed to cross. Risky allowing your bird taxidermy to be done in Mexico - hard enough to find a good bird Taxidermist in the US….but what other choice would you have ? I hunted Mexico for Ducks once - never saw a Cinnimon Teal, didn’t get the duck numbers we expected and far lower numbers then friends that went 5 years earlier. I had a great time but would Not go back —- our Guide had his truck “car jacked” at gunpoint while he was driving us back to the US Border - no one was hurt but it reinforced what a Mess Mexico is
Did you hunt with Richard Grammer by chance?

Been shooting waterfowl since I killed my first blue winged teal when I was 8, I’ve shot every legal species except king eider, Barrow’s goldeneye and fulvous whistling duck, have all mounted except a hooded merganser. Shot a boat load but just never had one mounted.
@Moe324 those are outstanding mounts and collection and would love to see how you have them arranged in your trophy room/house.
I'm still building my trophy room. I made a post on it here. I need pair of barrows, pair of spoonies, Ross goose, blue goose, Drake pintail, pair of greater scuap, pair of redheads, hen white wing scooter, hen surf scoter, Drake Ruddy, and a fulvous to finish my collection. Twice last year I lost fulvous in Florida :(
The ross and blue will be hard because I hate party hunting. I don't like hunting with more then 2 guys. I want to know what I killed. Just saw a cancellation hunt for king eider in Alaska for week after Christmas $4500 and $1900 air charter.

I'm still building my trophy room. I made a post on it here. I need pair of barrows, pair of spoonies, Ross goose, blue goose, Drake pintail, pair of greater scuap, pair of redheads, hen white wing scooter, hen surf scoter, Drake Ruddy, and a fulvous to finish my collection. Twice last year I lost fulvous in Florida :(
The ross and blue will be hard because I hate party hunting. I don't like hunting with more then 2 guys. I want to know what I killed. Just saw a cancellation hunt for king eider in Alaska for week after Christmas $4500 and $1900 air charter.
I’m with you on the party hunting, i used to be in a club in the Mississippi delta. We all had similar ideas of waterfowling and then one of the guys had a friend join and he would say things like WE need X numbers for a limit and I would tell him I needed X for my limit and I was going to walk out with what I shot. We got rid of him but they put our land into CRP and planted all of it in trees and ruined it. Only waterfowl hunting I do much anymore is in the backyard if we have enough rain to fill the low spots I plant with rice. Or with a small group of guys that are scattered around the country, we try to meet u somewhere and hut a few days every year.
Who did you hunt with in Florida for the fulvous? Tough luck bye the way.
@Firebird was trying to set something up down there but it fell through.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
YFIAlda880

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

John Kirk wrote on Macduff's profile.
Great transaction on some 375 HH ammo super fast shipping great communication
akriet wrote on Tom Leoni's profile.
Hello Tom: I saw your post about having 11 Iphisi's for sale. I have been thinking about one. I am also located in Virginia. Do you have photos of the availables to share? My email is [redacted]

Thanks and regards,

Andy
Natural Bridge, Virginia