Cigarettes question

USN

AH enthusiast
Reaction score
Media
Hunting reports
Africa
Hello I made a rookie mistake and have a question for those that know better than me. Leave tomorrow for JNB and am a smoker, yeah I know. Planning on taking 4 cartons but have no idea the custom policy and if I can import that many. Will be met by Mr. X to ease the customs hassle and traveling with NO firearms. Thanks in advance!!!

I have taken 4 cartons with no problem. However, I purchased 4 cartons for less than the price of one carton here at the duty free store last trip! I wore patches on the flight. Good luck!

I flew into Johannesburg in November of last year with a carton of cigarettes and a box or two of cigars. Customs didn’t even ask about tobacco, so I wouldn’t hesitate to bring larger quantities in the future.

Also, if you happen to fly through Doha (Qatar) you really owe it to yourself to check out their duty free shops. Incredible variety of cigarettes (including a wide selection of Chinese brands which are VERY good!). Based on some of the responses here, though, it seems I need to up my smoking game significantly!

No more than 200 cigarettes and 20 cigars...
Many have taken more and where not checked.....the problems start when they check you....
Take the legal limit and buy more at the duty free....

Hello I made a rookie mistake and have a question for those that know better than me. Leave tomorrow for JNB and am a smoker, yeah I know. Planning on taking 4 cartons but have no idea the custom policy and if I can import that many. Will be met by Mr. X to ease the customs hassle and traveling with NO firearms. Thanks in advance!!!

Cigarettes in Africa are cheap and abundant. You can buy a warehouse of cigarette cartons and a tobacco plantation in Africa for what you paid for those 4 cartons in the USA.

Most of the tobacco the world smokes is grown by British Tobacco in southern Africa.

I'm certain if you'd politely ask your operator ahead of time to buy you X cartons to be reimbursed when you arrive they'd happily oblige.

Rookhawk beat me too it... I would contact your outfitter and I am sure he would be happy to pick you up whatever you want.

Everyone many thanks, e-mail sent. Damn amazing how much goes thru your mind day before first trip for a Africa hunt. Old fat guy and feel like a kid waiting on first day of deer season. And we got out of school to do it. Wow, this going to get expensive just based off of anticipation not even there yet. Multiple trips are a must. Updates coming however many writers do much better with hunting reports. Again thanks all

Reports are easy, picture of the animal and how you got it.

Have a great trip, you will have.have more fun than you can even imagine. It's like Christmas and your first hunt rolled into one.

Everyone many thanks, e-mail sent. Damn amazing how much goes thru your mind day before first trip for a Africa hunt. Old fat guy and feel like a kid waiting on first day of deer season. And we got out of school to do it. Wow, this going to get expensive just based off of anticipation not even there yet. Multiple trips are a must. Updates coming however many writers do much better with hunting reports. Again thanks all
Only advice that might help, keep and update a diary daily. One, you will want to keep these memories for a long time. Two, so much happens you will want to atleast have something to jog your memory. You think you won't forget until well you just have so much happen it's hard to recall all the details.

Just claim dumb and surprised that there are tobacco restrictions !! Surrender if necessary and go by some more.

I have taken 4 cartons with no problem. However, I purchased 4 cartons for less than the price of one carton here at the duty free store last trip! I wore patches on the flight. Good luck!
@Just Gina
I gave up the smokes for vaping. Depending on the flight (night time is easier) put the flight blanket over your head, have a couple of puffs of the vape and no one is any the wiser.
Bob

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DomenicTur

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

DEAR SIR/MADAM,
DO YOU NEED FINANCE?
ARE YOU LOOKING FOR FINANCE?
ARE YOU LOOKING FOR FINANCE TO ENLARGE YOUR BUSINESS?
WE HELP INDIVIDUALS AND COMPANIES TO OBTAIN FINANCE FOR BUSINESS
EXPANDING AND TO SETUP A NEW BUSINESS RANGING ANY AMOUNT. GET FINANCE AT AFFORDABLE INTEREST RATE OF 3% contact us Pacific landing Whatsapp +91, Seven, Three, 0, Three, Three, Eight, Two, Six, Three, One
NYAMAZANA SAFARIS wrote on majorsafari's profile.
Trail cam image is of a cat we never took .. it’s not a great image but I can assure you it’s a very big cat . Other photo is of my client with his cat this year .
thokau wrote on Just a dude in BC's profile.
Hallo, ein Freund von mir lebt auf einer Farm in den Rocky Mountains.
Leider kam es dort in den letzten Wochen zu Bränden.
Hoffe es geht dir gut!?