Checking in from Texas

Thearmymademedumb

Reaction score
Hey everyone. I’m the standard cliche of the suburban white kid who grew up reading Capstick and Hemingway. I’m an adult onset hunter who goes after anything I can. I was lucky enough to get a nice Oryx out of southern New Mexico a few years ago. I handload and have an unscratchable itch for a double rifle. A safari is definitely in my future.

Welcome aboard from your neighbor to the North (Oklahoma not a Canadian)! Finally got my first safari under my belt and also have the double rifle itch going pretty bad. Will be deer hunting around Brownwood next month.

Welcome from an old geezer member to your east!

My great aunt, who lived in Dallas, bought me an autographed Capstick book from the Abercrombie & Fitch store that was there in 1983 for my high school graduation present!

Welcome, this group will give you plenty of itches to scratch

Greetings Thearmymademedumb,

Khomas Highland Hunting and Fishing Safaris of Namibia, welcomes you to the greatest forum on earth.

Double Rifles Rule.

When you get around to it, I invite you to have a look into the Khomas Safaris website.

Best Regards,
Velo Dog.

Attachments

• IMG_3551.png
    IMG_3551.png
    6.1 MB · Views: 3
  • IMG_3550.png
    IMG_3550.png
    7.4 MB · Views: 3
  • IMG_3549.png
    IMG_3549.png
    1.7 MB · Views: 3
  • IMG_3548.png
    IMG_3548.png
    6.1 MB · Views: 3
  • IMG_3541.png
    IMG_3541.png
    5.7 MB · Views: 3
  • IMG_3543.png
    IMG_3543.png
    281.2 KB · Views: 3
  • IMG_3544.png
    IMG_3544.png
    1.5 MB · Views: 3
Hey everyone. I’m the standard cliche of the suburban white kid who grew up reading Capstick and Hemingway. I’m an adult onset hunter who goes after anything I can. I was lucky enough to get a nice Oryx out of southern New Mexico a few years ago. I handload and have an unscratchable itch for a double rifle. A safari is definitely in my future.
I'd love to own a double, but I'd rather spend the money on hunting with what I have. I have a 404J and a 9.3x62, both of which I can use anywhere. Even a used double is going to run me what I paid for both of those combined, and has much more limited utility than either of them. If I win the lottery, I'll get a double. If I don't, I'm pretty comfortable with what I already have.

A used 450/400 or 9.3x74R may provide the most utility if you want to take that route.

Welcome. Always glad to see another Texan on here.

:S Welcome:

Seems like you could do a lot of serious hunting right there in Texas but a safari should definitely be in your future! Welcome to the forum, good luck with your future

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
WilheminaN

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

idjeffp wrote on Jon R15's profile.
Hi Jon,
I saw your post for the .500 NE cases. Are these all brass or are they nickel plated? Hard for me to tell... sorry.
Thanks,
Jeff [redacted]
Boise, ID
[redacted]
African Scenic Safaris is a Sustainable Tour Operator based in Moshi, Tanzania. Established in 2009 as a family business, the company is owned and operated entirely by locals who share the same passion for showing people the amazing country of Tanzania and providing a fantastic personalized service.
FDP wrote on dailordasailor's profile.
1200 for the 375 barrel and accessories?