Chapius Iphisi 375h&h

Any updates from anybody on the Iphisi? It is all quiet….

Try @ActionBob , I think he or his wife bought one a few months ago.
Yes @Just Gina bought one, sent it to J.J. where it waited for us to buy a scope at DSC to hand to him so he could mount that as well as an RMR. He also cut the stock and redid the recoil pad as well as installing a mercury tube for her and doing an action job to loosen it a bit. That also involved trimming the ejector springs a bit.

Non of that would really need to be done other than fitting for LOP. But she had that all done because she wanted it done.

Between then and now, we made another very large purchase;) That together with our work has taken all of our time. So spoiler alert.... I keep hauling the Iphisi back and forth between the Communist Dictatorship of Minnesota and the Republic of Texas. Hoping Gina has time to do some shooting (we have our own ranges at both locations). However Gina is much more interested in Windows, paint, flooring, various window treatments. And a whole plethora of other things not directly firearms or hunting related.... So she has it yes, is a report forthcoming, probably at some point....

I asked how the Iphisi was selling at the Beretta Gallery in Dallas and they report it was getting lots of interest. Sales of all doubles was slow, as you might expect. Pretty small demographic of buyers.

Yes @Just Gina bought one, sent it to J.J. where it waited for us to buy a scope at DSC to hand to him so he could mount that as well as an RMR. He also cut the stock and redid the recoil pad as well as installing a mercury tube for her and doing an action job to loosen it a bit. That also involved trimming the ejector springs a bit.

Non of that would really need to be done other than fitting for LOP. But she had that all done because she wanted it done.

Between then and now, we made another very large purchase;) That together with our work has taken all of our time. So spoiler alert.... I keep hauling the Iphisi back and forth between the Communist Dictatorship of Minnesota and the Republic of Texas. Hoping Gina has time to do some shooting (we have our own ranges at both locations). However Gina is much more interested in Windows, paint, flooring, various window treatments. And a whole plethora of other things not directly firearms or hunting related.... So she has it yes, is a report forthcoming, probably at some point....

So what you bought in texas then Bob....10% ...25% of the state?....... :A Banana: :E Big Grin::D Beers:

Attachments

• Screenshot 2023-07-27 at 10.39.40 AM.png
    Screenshot 2023-07-27 at 10.39.40 AM.png
    1.8 MB · Views: 73
  • Screenshot 2023-07-27 at 10.39.41 AM.png
    Screenshot 2023-07-27 at 10.39.41 AM.png
    1.5 MB · Views: 59
  • Screenshot 2023-07-27 at 10.39.43 AM.png
    Screenshot 2023-07-27 at 10.39.43 AM.png
    705.5 KB · Views: 66
I may be the fly in the ointment here....but will these rifles stay on face with a high pressure round like the .375H&H is..? Can extraction be trusted..?

It is odd that Chapuis do not make it in 9,3x74R or even better .375 Flanged, both low pressure rimmed rounds..

I shoot a french Gaucher in 9,3x74R and I am overjoyed with the performance...

Me, I think a non rimmed cartridge in a double meant for DG is an accident waiting to happen..

I may be the fly in the ointment here....but will these rifles stay on face with a high pressure round like the .375H&H is..? Can extraction be trusted..?

It is odd that Chapuis do not make it in 9,3x74R or even better .375 Flanged, both low pressure rimmed rounds..

I shoot a french Gaucher in 9,3x74R and I am overjoyed with the performance...

Me, I think a non rimmed cartridge in a double meant for DG is an accident waiting to happen..
Chapuis has made doubles in 9.3x74R for many years. I have one bought from another AH member. It is the UGEX model. 375 Flanged I don't know.

Chapuis has made doubles in 9.3x74R for many years. I have one bought from another AH member. It is the UGEX model. 375 Flanged I don't know.

Yes..and they are popular in Europe for big game and driven hunts..

My point is when Chapuis make an entry level double for DG..why dont get it right and make them for low pressure rimmed cartridges..? Of course ammo availability is an issue but that is a moot point when the extractor fail on a DG hunt..IMHO..

Yes..and they are popular in Europe for big game and driven hunts..

My point is when Chapuis make an entry level double for DG..why dont get it right and make them for low pressure rimmed cartridges..? Of course ammo availability is an issue but that is a moot point when the extractor fail on a DG hunt..IMHO..
Why do you assume it will fail? It is a very strong action and designed to handle it.

For someone who wants a reasonably priced double, has no interest in reloading, wants ammo available World wide, and doesn't want to get beat up by recoil... it makes tons of sense!

And yes Chapuis makes doubles in rimmed cartridges including the 375. When @Just Gina bought her gun, George had a very nice used rifle laying there with a scope in pivot mounts at a good price. But she wanted the new Iphisi;)

Do all Iphisi have this large font labeling on the left barrel?
I feel like I have not noticed that on other pictures.
Just curious.

Do all Iphisi have this large font labeling on the left barrel?
I feel like I have not noticed that on other pictures.
Just curious.
Well….I could not get the example picture to load. It was from a Gun Broker Sale.

MOST everyone who is a true double shooter hand loads from what I can tell. I am 70 now and never hand loaded, and have no intention in starting at this point in life. I guess I will continue to be a half ass double shooter!!!

I have one but I don't know if I'm keeping it. My 375's are all bolt guns and this one requires different loads for regulation...good thing about that is it's a factory load that it's regulated for but I hand load for my other 375's. So I would need to have different loads for different 375's. First world problems for sure.

I asked how the Iphisi was selling at the Beretta Gallery in Dallas and they report it was getting lots of interest. Sales of all doubles was slow, as you might expect. Pretty small demographic of buyers.
Do they have one for sale there?

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Brittney99

Latest profile posts

DEAR SIR/MADAM,
DO YOU NEED FINANCE?
ARE YOU LOOKING FOR FINANCE?
ARE YOU LOOKING FOR FINANCE TO ENLARGE YOUR BUSINESS?
WE HELP INDIVIDUALS AND COMPANIES TO OBTAIN FINANCE FOR BUSINESS
EXPANDING AND TO SETUP A NEW BUSINESS RANGING ANY AMOUNT. GET FINANCE AT AFFORDABLE INTEREST RATE OF 3% contact us Pacific landing Whatsapp +91, Seven, Three, 0, Three, Three, Eight, Two, Six, Three, One
NYAMAZANA SAFARIS wrote on majorsafari's profile.
Trail cam image is of a cat we never took .. it’s not a great image but I can assure you it’s a very big cat . Other photo is of my client with his cat this year .
thokau wrote on Just a dude in BC's profile.
Hallo, ein Freund von mir lebt auf einer Farm in den Rocky Mountains.
Leider kam es dort in den letzten Wochen zu Bränden.
Hoffe es geht dir gut!?