Cat hunters

Having just spent 2 weeks with a South Texas Bobcat hunter I can somewhat appreciate the complexity of Bobcat hunting and it seems to be a true test for good hounds.

I’m curious as to whether or not there are fellow cat hunters out there and how many of the SCI’s cats of the world you have successfully hunted? Which was the most difficult?
I also find Cats fascinating to hunt and have hunted Mountain Lion (Idaho & BC), Lynx (BC), and Bobcat (Texas, Maine). For Mountain lion it’s all about the hounds - the chase. On my 2nd Idaho hunt we finally struck a big track and treed a nice Tom. The Guide & I got to the tree first, big male panting heavily on a low tree limb (only 15’ feet above the ground) - as relaxed as a house cat and the baying “single hound” barking below him was of No concern. MY guide suggested I shoot the cat with my .357 revolver (it was only 25’ shot) but we instead waited for my friend to arrive at the Tree - know this would be his only chance to ever get a Cat because it treed only 100 yrds from a road and was an easy downhill walk (he was older and not in good shape). I was fine with that because all the excitement was over - the shot would be like shooting a fat squirrel. We waited for my friend to make his way down to the tree - he shot it 2x w/.243 and it fell but ran 100 yrds before expiring. It was a great Idaho Tom, well above average and guide estimated 165-180 lbs (Guides always over estimate) but it had a Big pumpkin Head. I was thrilled for my Friend and it was his “trophy of a lifetime”. I’ve gone on another Mountain Lion/combo Lynx hunt in BC. After my Son and I killed our Lynx over hounds on Day 3....we concentrated the next 5 days hunting for Mountain Lion and although we cut fresh Lion tracks daily - never cut a Big track so I went home w/out my lion again. I still want a Mountain Lion and only a Big one will do - for me the kill is too easy to be satisfied with a small or average Cat - the “thrill” is the chase.
My most exciting cat hunt ever - when I called in a Bobcat in Texas, a very good 25lb Tom trotted by just before sunset and I took him at 20 yrds w/12ga #2s. Cat was well spotted and my life size mount came out great (Kanati Taxidermy in PA). I rank that experience and Trophy at the top of any game I’ve taken (well above my Alaskan Griz) only my 1st whitetail, bear w/a bow, & Bull Elk can compare. It’s just Me but Cats are fascinating and I’d love to take a Leopard.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Brittney99

Latest profile posts

DEAR SIR/MADAM,
DO YOU NEED FINANCE?
ARE YOU LOOKING FOR FINANCE?
ARE YOU LOOKING FOR FINANCE TO ENLARGE YOUR BUSINESS?
WE HELP INDIVIDUALS AND COMPANIES TO OBTAIN FINANCE FOR BUSINESS
EXPANDING AND TO SETUP A NEW BUSINESS RANGING ANY AMOUNT. GET FINANCE AT AFFORDABLE INTEREST RATE OF 3% contact us Pacific landing Whatsapp +91, Seven, Three, 0, Three, Three, Eight, Two, Six, Three, One
NYAMAZANA SAFARIS wrote on majorsafari's profile.
Trail cam image is of a cat we never took .. it’s not a great image but I can assure you it’s a very big cat . Other photo is of my client with his cat this year .
thokau wrote on Just a dude in BC's profile.
Hallo, ein Freund von mir lebt auf einer Farm in den Rocky Mountains.
Leider kam es dort in den letzten Wochen zu Bränden.
Hoffe es geht dir gut!?