james in TX

AH member
Reaction score
Deals & offers
Member of
Houston Safari Club
Hunted
US, Africa
Does anyone have a cast bullet load that shoots to regulation in modern doubles?

I tried 425 gr WFNGC and RL 15 with a dacron filler because one site I consulted listed that load as one that shot to regulation in a Merkel like mine. Individual barrel groups were very good but they wouldn't come closer than 4 inches apart at 50 yards. I stopped at 87 gr. when the groups didn't move any closer after working up from 82 to 87 gr.

I know very well that doubles are individualistic/idiosyncratic but if someone has a good load I can try it as a starting point - better than just randomly selecting another set of components.

Thanks in advance,

- James

Does anyone have a cast bullet load that shoots to regulation in modern doubles?

I tried 425 gr WFNGC and RL 15 with a dacron filler because one site I consulted listed that load as one that shot to regulation in a Merkel like mine. Individual barrel groups were very good but they wouldn't come closer than 4 inches apart at 50 yards. I stopped at 87 gr. when the groups didn't move any closer after working up from 82 to 87 gr.

I know very well that doubles are individualistic/idiosyncratic but if someone has a good load I can try it as a starting point - better than just randomly selecting another set of components.

Thanks in advance,

- James

IMR 4759 works real well in long cases using mag primers and does not need a filler.
I use 44gr in front of a 440gr jacketed bullet in my 50-110 Winchester.
This load gives 1780 fps, with mild pressures.

Ikeda,

Thanks very much for the advice. I'll give it a try.

Best regards,

James

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ghdhdfgsdf

Latest profile posts

African Scenic Safaris is a Sustainable Tour Operator based in Moshi, Tanzania. Established in 2009 as a family business, the company is owned and operated entirely by locals who share the same passion for showing people the amazing country of Tanzania and providing a fantastic personalized service.
FDP wrote on dailordasailor's profile.
1200 for the 375 barrel and accessories?
Trogon wrote on Mac Baren's profile.
@Mac Baren, I live central to city of Cincinnati. I have work travel early this week but could hopefully meet later this week (with no schedule changes). What area of town are you working/staying in?
Kind regards
Ron
Read more at the link about our 40000 acre free range kudu area we will also be posting a deal on the deals page soon!
Our predator control is going very well