Cash?

Why new currency specifically? Just curious

I had a young PH take an old ten dollar U.S. bill out of his wallet and ask me if it was still good. Evidently they are familiar with the new bills and suspect the old ones may not be any good. That and there are literally TONS of counterfeit U.S. bills in circulation throughout the world.
 
Why new currency specifically? Just curious

Seems that older bills become suspect in RSA. US currency has undergone a few changes in the last fifteen years with hidden water marks and placement of security strips. So some banks and shops will not accept the older bills.
 
I had a young PH take an old ten dollar U.S. bill out of his wallet and ask me if it was still good. Evidently they are familiar with the new bills and suspect the old ones may not be any good. That and there are literally TONS of counterfeit U.S. bills in circulation throughout the world.

Seems that older bills become suspect in RSA. US currency has undergone a few changes in the last fifteen years with hidden water marks and placement of security strips. So some banks and shops will not accept the older bills.

Thanks, that certainly makes sense.
 
When I went to Kyrgyzstan 7-8 yrs ago they wanted NEW bills with no creases. They were rather specific, but relayed that to me only the day before I left. That took a bit of doing in my town to round up enough..... Likely the banks won't take the worn bills.....
Bruce
 

Forum statistics

Threads
70,324
Messages
1,572,935
Members
169,653
Latest member
arthryonsus
 

 

 

Latest profile posts

K_P wrote on Buckleyguy12's profile.
Good morning from Montana.

I'm looking at a post from 2018 where you were looking for a lefty Winchester in .375 H&H Magnum. I'm selling mine. My email is [redacted] in the event that you're still searching for a unicorn.

Best,

Kelly Palmer
Gents, if you book and pay your deposit before the end of this year , you can have the bigger cull package for the 2026 price! https://www.africahunting.com/threa...griffiths-safaris-starting-at-us-2-560.96285/
I am currently in Northern Cape scouting a hunting area, we will have lots of amazing hunting opportunities for 2027! I will post updated available dates soon!
Azklmsr wrote on MANKAZANA SAFARIS's profile.
Good Evening. I am very interested in you hunt for the spiral slam. March in 2028 would be fine for me

Couple of quick questions:

1) Can we add some additional species on
2) what do you want for a deposit?
3) how do you want me to sign up

I'm on whats app or email

Kurt [redacted]

have a great evening
MHYOUNG 375 wrote on Marley7x57's profile.
If you really are interested I 'll send some pix. I have quiet a few.
 
Top